Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 46)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hector Hammond after L. James Hammond?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Kent is still closest. [Big Grin]

Hint: The character in question has a codename that might be mistaken for his real name.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Johnny Double?

Jonathan Sebastian is his real name, so after Johann Sebastian von Drey?

I might be stretching here. [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Nope.

Though you're kind of close in a much different way than Kent.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

New clue:

The character makes an appearance in New Frontier.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Johnny Thunder (western hero)
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
King Faraday?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

And Cobie is right.

Johnny Thunder's real name is John Stuart Mill Tane.

Now, why would a Western hero be named after a British philosopher? It actually makes a bit of sense, given that a) John Tane was born in a Mormon settlement, b) Tane's mother was a schoolteacher, and c) John Stuart Mill's On Liberty contains a few paragraphs condemning the persecution of Mormons.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Oh wow, I didn't check in for awhile and didn't realize I finally got it right! Naturally, my New Frontier knowledge helped me out.

My question:

Superman was the first protagonist at DC to have a recurring nemesis in his feature, which was the Ultra-Humanite. Who was the second protagonist to have a nemesis who recurred (meaning an enemy who returned for a 2nd appearance), and to show off how smart you really are, who was that nemesis?

[ June 30, 2010, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ Do you mean 'who was that nemesis' since the first part of the question is already asking us who the protagonist was?

The Golden Age is not my forte so wild stab in the dark - Crimson Avenger and the Dummy?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure this is too obvious to be correct, but...Batman and Joker?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Batman and the Mad Monk?
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Batman & Penguin

[Dream Boy]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
^ Do you mean 'who was that nemesis' since the first part of the question is already asking us who the protagonist was?

The Golden Age is not my forte so wild stab in the dark - Crimson Avenger and the Dummy?

Yes. I must still be hungover from last Friday. [Eek!]

So far: all wrong. Great guesses though!

You'll notice my questions are usually the Golden Age stuff since you guys are too freaking good and answer all my other questions in like 2 minutes. [Big Grin]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Um...Flash and the Shade?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.