Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three (Page 45)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  133  134  135   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
(2)Honda Pilot

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
No Accord Hybrid -- fears of falling asleep at the wheel.

The Mercedes was the closest contender. Mrs. Lad Boy was mesmerized by the panoramic roof. In a rare, for her, concession to impulse over logic, she almost plunked down her annual bonus on one. But our German car experience carried over to the MB and we opted for practicality over mesmerizibility.

Prius -- You must be kidding. I think you have to win an essay contest to be considered for the waiting list for one of those.

The winner is Quislet and the Honda Pilot. Seats 8 so now we can have three more children -- we call it keeping up with the Cobalts.

....but alas the car story takes a turn for the worse. In the rainfall of tropical storm Hanna, I crashed the massive Pilot into a tiny Honda CRV that failed to yield at a traffic light. No major injuries, just some seatbelt burns and coughing and gagging for inhaling the explosive residues from the discharge of the airbags. It was a classic big car v little car confrontation with our big car demonstrating that safety is inversely related to fuel economy. Maybe we'll go for the panoramic sunroof this time.

I need a good attorney...Ahh Quislet, it's your turn.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay for the paranomic sunroof. And do keep us informed of the "three more children" part [Smile]

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK which of these current TV dramas is my favorite?

1) ER
2) Law & Order
3) Heroes
4) Brothers & Sisters
5) The Closer
6) Entourage
7) The Tudors
8) Chuck
9) Ugly Betty
10) Numb3rs

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... maybe as a lawyer you like to pick apart:

2) Law & Order?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I like Law & Order. I remember one episode where they used a legal concept I had just learned in law school. I kind of hate the opening where they show "LAW" and then the cops and "Order" and show the lawyers when cops represent Order and the lawyers represent Law.

So it is not my favorite.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
7) The Tudors

I know I like it [Smile]

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Well, I do like history and Jonathan Rhys Meyers is a cutie, but I have not seen the Tudors.

--------------------

Exnihil

Howzabout:

10) Numb3rs

Any show that has the leads from "Taxi," "Northern Exposure," and a Giffen era "Justice League" pilot has got to score some fave points.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Numb3rs sounds like an interesting show, but I haven't seen it. Should I start watching it?

--------------------

Exnihil

I've only seen it a couple of times, but it seemed enjoyable enough. I think there might be a pretty large "suspension of disbelief" factor that so many crimes can be solved by examining the mathematical patterns of a criminal's actions.

--------------------

Lad Boy

3) Heroes
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Heroes is great. I can't wait for the next season. But it is not my favorite.

--------------------

Lad Boy

1) ER
2) Law & Order
3) Heroes
4) Brothers & Sisters
5) The Closer
6) Entourage
7) The Tudors
8) Chuck
9) Ugly Betty
10) Numb3rs

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
8) Chuck
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  133  134  135   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.