Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 42)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Not Captain Comet either!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
if it wasn't for Cobie's hint, I was going to choose a Western hero next!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

no? damn. thought I had it.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Knights of the Galaxy?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Not them either, but I did have to check to make sure.

My hint definitely was not meant to disclude western heroes! Rather, I'll make it even stronger: the series takes place in a time other than the then-present.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Tomahawk?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Tomahawk is one of my all-time favorite DC properties. I would love for a Tomahawk series (by Darwyn Cooke of course!). It's also the best guess so far--but not quite!

In the 1950's, Tomahawk basically just had Dan and then George Washington & other historical figures. In the 60's he'd gain a larger cast of characters who recurred.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Silent Knight?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You got it. Silent Knight not only had his own cast, but the various Knights of the Round Table, plus Merlin, plus others would show up from time to time.

I would have actually accepted another answer, because I'm pretty sure Matt Savage, Trail Boss, also had the same amount of supporting characters. That series is different from other westerns because it had so many supporting characters.

I don't know exactly how many each had but know they had more than any other except probably Superman and Blackhawk, though I honestly don't know about Blackhawk which is why I eliminated them from the guessing.

You're up, Kent!

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

wow. I was about to give up, too. I figured the round Table should up the ante, but didn't know what you might have up your sleeve...

anyway...

new Q:
What superheroine was called "the stark madonna of the quantum age" by the series' title character?

stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
It sounds Kirbyish to me so I want to say Beautiful Dreamer but there was not a title character so. Big Barda?
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Nightshade?
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Jenny Sparks?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Mantis?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Dhalua Strong?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.