Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 42)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

waiting for Lance...

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow...sorry...thanks for the pm. I'll post a question as soon as I think of one.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You can just do a real easy one. Like: George HW Bush, Bill Clinton, & George W Bush

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's just go with that one, Quis. Since the birth of our new baby a few days ago, the time I am spending on here is near non-existent.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Um, they were all Presidents of the United States? [Smile]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
That is the link. Over to you Kid Prime.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Oscar Hammerstein II
Jonathan Larsen
Howard Ashman

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

three musical playwrights?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Yes, but it needs to be more specific. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Three musical playwrights who's partner was also teamed with another musical playwright?

Did some checking. I'll give others a chance before giving this new answer (which is hopefully the one Kid Prime is thinking of)

[ January 12, 2007, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Good guess. 2 out of 3 correct, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't believe Jonathan Larsen ever had a partner. I know he wrote the music and lyrics for Rent and Tick... Tick... BOOM! by himself.

I'll give a hint later on today.

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Three musical playwrights who had unfinished musicals at the time of their deaths that were performed as they were. (I was going to say tehy were produced after they died but Larsenw as still alive when the first production was being put together. i think he died the day before first ngiht of Rent or something. Oh, but he did have another one that he'd written that's only just been produced but I don't know if that was unfinished).

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Good job, Bevis! (Though I'm so not surprised.)

Technically, I was referring to the movies of their last projects (The Sound of Music, Rent, Aladdin), none of which they were alive to see, sadly. Hammerstein died weeks after The Sound of Music went into previews.

But you got it, fellow musical theatre man! Over to you.

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay!

Hmm, new question...

Anni-Frid Lyngstad
Jamie Lee Curtis
Grace Kelly

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Good guess. 2 out of 3 correct, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't believe Jonathan Larsen ever had a partner. I know he wrote the music and lyrics for Rent and Tick... Tick... BOOM! by himself.

I'll give a hint later on today.

Early on for Rent, he and Billy Aronson were partners, but split because of creative differences.
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.