Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 41)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm on a big Leadbelly kick at the moment so I'll say that one.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
OK, looking through my iTunes library tonight, I realized that, among other things, I've bought quite a few "Greatest Hits" albums over the past couple of years... including, in fact, my most recent purchase.

Which of these albums was that purchase:

1. Best of Leadbelly
2. Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970-2002
3. Experience Hendrix - The Best of Jimi Hendrix
4. International - The Best of New Order
5. Lennon Legend - The Very Best of John Lennon
6. Nina Simone - Gold
7. Ring of Fire: The Legend of Johnny Cash
8. Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits 1974-1978
9. The Animals - Retrospective
10. The Best of the Gipsy Kings
11. The Essential Clash
12. The Smiths - Singles
13. The Very Best of Cream
14. The Very Best of John Coltrane
15. Woody Guthrie - Folkways

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Coltrane does a few of my favorite things... and, accordingly, has been in my library for probably a decade.

The Clash was actually my wife's, and owned for about as long.

I love the Gipsy Kings, but enjoy their music more in summer, the last of which was when I bought that album.

Like Blacula, I, too, am on a big Ledbelly kick (so much so that two months ago I took a pretty cool road trip), but I've owned his "best of" for at least a couple years.

So, which was the recent purchase:

1. Best of Leadbelly
6. Nina Simone - Gold
11. The Essential Clash
12. The Smiths - Singles

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Both my Hendix and Johnny Cash albums weren't so much "purchased" as... um... "obtained" in an iPod swap with a buddy at work last year.

Steve Miller's Greatest Hits, by contrast, is something that I've owned since I was 14, first on vinyl, then tape, then CD, and was one of the first albums I ever imported into iTunes, so, not the most recent.

Which was?

1. Best of Leadbelly
6. Nina Simone - Gold
11. The Essential Clash
12. The Smiths - Singles

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

6. Nina Simone - Gold

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disdemona
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Disdemona   Email Disdemona         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
Well, when one's lost, I suppose it's good advice to stay where you are until someone finds you. But who'd ever think to look for me here?

From: Fort McMurray, AB | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Great photo Exnihil!

If someone else hasn't already guessed the correct answer I'll say a band that I discovered very late but am now in love with -

12. The Smiths - Singles

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Cream and John Lennon both fall into the Steve Miller category of initial CD to iTunes uploads.

The Smiths was purchased last year in a wave of late '80's nostalgia.

Woody Guthrie - probably a year and a half ago in a folksy mood.

Nina Simone is my favorite artist. I only her discovered about three years ago, and promptly bought her Greatest Hits at that time, not realizing I would like her so much that I'd actually wind up buying several other albums, making the "Gold" album superfluous.

But... my above passion for Nina Simone does tie into my most recent purchase, as both "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" and "House of the Rising Sun" were hits for her, and later covered by the band whose Greatest Hits I just bought...

The Animals.

Well done, Disdemona. The next round is yours.

--------------------

Disdemona
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Disdemona   Email Disdemona         Edit/Delete Post     
What is the main focus of my 2010 calendar?

1. Beautiful British Columbia
2. Twilight
3. Puppies
4. Sky scenes
4. Nautical pictures
5. Humerous stereotypical misogynistic quotes
6. Dilbert
7. Penguins
8. Chuck Norris
9. Metallica
10. Nothing, I don't have a 2010 calendar

... Dedman, no cheating just coz you live with me!

--------------------
Well, when one's lost, I suppose it's good advice to stay where you are until someone finds you. But who'd ever think to look for me here?

From: Fort McMurray, AB | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.