Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three (Page 38)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  133  134  135   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
So the question is which event did NOT occur.

- KryptonKid didn't believe that A. A chain-wielding man in overalls was my salvation. Well, bless that hillbilly, this did happen. [Grimbor]

- Quislet, Esq. called foul on the fact that B. A chain-wielding man in overalls was my undoing. Well, damn that hillbilly, but this happened, too. [Grimbor]

- Lad Boy said that no way that L. I vomited in another man's hat. Not my proudest moment... certainly not his... but it happened. [Disgusting]

- Cobalt Kid threw the BS flag on the fact that N. I walked a mile for a Camel. Well, Cobie, I am the Tobacconihilist, and on this occasion I made exactly like the old ad said. Admittedly, I was winded afterward. [Mist Master]

- and Novelty said "Uh-Uh" to the fact that U. I was swarmed by thousands of ladybugs. Oddly... freakily... absolutely skeevily... this unfortunately happened. [Shikari]

The non-event is still in play from these remaining scenarios:

quote:
In, perhaps, the strangest 24-hour period of my life (thus far) which of the following did NOT happen:

A. A chain-wielding man in overalls was my salvation
B. A chain-wielding man in overalls was my undoing
C. A man shouted, "OK," then slapped me
D. I asked a woman to marry me
E. I bloodied the legs of a woman
F. I flagged down a ride in a forest
G. I ironically sang a Disney tune
H. I missed the arrival of a woman from the Caribbean
I. I saw my best friend, dazed, on a sand dune, at midnight
J. I screamed "The F-Word" repeatedly toward the heavens
K. I used the phrase, "I'll be right back…"
L. I vomited in another man's hat
M. I waited patiently for the effect of gravity to be counteracted
N. I walked a mile for a Camel
O. I was draped in nylon
P. I was hung from a tree
Q. I was lied to concerning an abbreviation
R. I was loaded into the back of a truck with thirty other men
S. I was ordered to put down my weapon
T. I was put on a plane against my will
U. I was swarmed by thousands of ladybugs
V. I was used to fill a quota
W. I watched, helplessly, as a trusted companion sank into the water
X. My traveling companion nearly fainted from the heat
Y. Several hundreds of dollars worth of damage was done to my car
Z. Someone stole my pot

(Full explanation after the round)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

A few more guesses as to which event did NOT occur to Exnihil:

Iron Rat doubted that:
D. I asked a woman to marry me.
Believe it or not... I, in fact, did. But did she accept? Stay tuned, true believers. [smooch]

Novelty slapped a big "Untruth" sticker on the fact that:
F. I flagged down a ride in a forest.
Well, I did; and to begin to piece the puzzle together: that's where that chain-wielding hillbilly from choices A. and B. joined the story. [Tree-Man]

KryptonKid flat out called me a liar when I said that:
T. I was put on a plane against my will.
Well, forcible air-flight is no picnic, but it is something that Ex suffered on at least one occassion... this one. [Firm Concept]

So the fictitious event remains among the choices (and Exnihil comes to a new respect for Nightcrawler's library of smilies) as you are left with these selections:

quote:
In, perhaps, the strangest 24-hour period of my life (thus far) which of the following did NOT happen:

O. I was draped in nylon
Z. Someone stole my pot

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Z. Someone stole my pot

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
J. Well surely someone who has the "soul of an angel" would not scream "The F-Word" repeatedly toward the heavens.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     

Maybe it was the S-word. Or the P-word. Or the ERG-word. Or the LEGION-word.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

A few more guesses... and a few fewer choices left, as they're all incorrect.

Both Arm Fall Off Boy and Invisible Brainiac claimed that, given my angelic soul, it could not be true that:
J. I screamed "The F-Word" repeatedly toward the heavens. It is true... but the "F-Word" in question here was actually the word, "Four". Sheesh, the places your minds go. [AHHHH!!!!]

Rocky sang "Liar, liar, pants on fire." when I said that:
P. I was hung from a tree. Well, they said I was hung... and they was right. It was done, however, by no earthly hands (Just go with it; it'll make sense later) [Chameleon Kid]

Quislet, Esq., no stranger to abbreviations himself, didn't believe that:
Q. I was lied to concerning an abbreviation. Although I didn't realize it until I was actually typing up the original question, it's true, they did lie. That lying bunch of lying liars! [False Pretenses Lad]

And Novelty directed me to talk to the hand when I insisted that:
Z. Someone stole my pot. Now... there are several definitions of the word, "pot," and it's likely that you are thinking of the wrong one. (This is a family site, after all) The pot that was stolen was the kind seen here: [Soljer]

So, the game continues, with these remaining choices:

quote:

O. I was draped in nylon
Z. Someone stole my pot

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     

Happened to me once. Not as much fun as it sounds. (They left off several details in the brochure...)

[Dream Boy] [Beast Boy] [PhantomGirl - Animated]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

--------------------

Exnihil

I'll make this one quick, but I'll relay the story in a bit more detail:

KryptonKid said untrue that R.I was loaded into the back of a truck with thirty other men. Well, it's true and, I agree, no fun.
[Optimus Prime]

Novelty said didn't believe that V.I was used to fill a quota. Nobody likes being a number, but, on this occasion, I was [Agent Bek]

Rockhopper Lad said "no way" that X. My traveling companion nearly fainted from the heat. Actually, wait... that didn't happen. Rocky wins!

Stand by a moment for the full explanation...

--------------------

This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  133  134  135   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.