Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Survivor: Marzal (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  69  70  71   
Author Topic: Survivor: Marzal
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Want to know what you're playing for:

-

One Duralim wand ( [Frown] sniff... sorry, painful memories of my other cousin) that has been customized for a very specific purpose that will be revealed to the winner of the Challenge.

I wonder what the purpose might be. To save someone ELSE from banishment? to bring back a past teammate who's already been sent out of the game? to save the one true Flash from coming back from the only noble thing to remain from COIE? to stir coffee, so that it never gets cold?

[ October 30, 2008, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Language Arts Lad ]

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, serious suggestions for a tribe name - I like M'Artini, or perhaps J'Ello S'Hot?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
All right, guys, it's that time... make your way up to the Tribal Council area.

-

Have a seat. We now see our jury entering... dedman... and Quislet, Esq... voted out at the last Tribal Council.

-

So... all of you have been up here before, but this is the first time we see everyone at once. Take a good look at your Tribe-mates. One of you seven is just about a week and a half away from winning a copy of Adventure 247. Great job, everyone, in coming this far.

Davey, talk to me about the new tribe dynamic. You've now been a member of each former tribe. Has your time away from your initial group given you any new insights into the strategy of fellow Tribe-mates? How will that change your game going forward?

Floating Foxlike Creature... foxes, and fox-like creatures, are known for their cunning. As you look around and see one Tribemate with Immunity, two others who have been to Exile and might have an idol, and a fourth that possesses a Duralim wand, the function of which no one but himself knows, it doesn't take a Brainac to do the math. How does someone weigh all these factors when making his decision tonight?

Gamara, you've now been to Exile twice... and the first time for a full two days. That's a lot of time to explore. You've got to be feeling a little bit of pressure this close to the final four. Do you think your separation from the Tribe for so long raises suspicion, and do you think that will be a factor tonight?

Lance, you've got Immunity tonight. That puts you in an enviable position among the Tribe. Has the possesion of Immunity given you any additional leverage in swaying the opinions of your fellow Tribe-mates in selecting who is going home? And I do have to ask: Do you wish to give your Immunity to someone else? If you'd like to do so, you may post your selection on the board prior to the vote, and that person will then be safe.

Lard Lad, how about it? You, too, have played both sides of the fence. Any agreements or alliances that were made earlier in the game, implicit or otherwise, that are now cast into doubt? Is there a certain sense of loyalty to those who might be working together or, at this point, is it every man for himself?

Lone Wolf... the man of mystery. You won the reward challenge, and I see that you're holding the Duralim Wand here tonight. I do see some storm clouds gathering overhead, so, careful with that thing. Only you know how the wand functions. Has that given you an additional bargaing chip, or merely an illusion of power. Do you feel safe tonight, or do you think that your fellow tribemates are willing to take a gamble?

And Novelty... you've missed quite a few challenges lately. That strikes me as the actions of a man who is fairly confident in his position. Do you think the Tribe holds a certain belief that is working to your advantage... and, if so, do you fear any backlash, either tonight or further down the line?

With those questions in mind, I am going to ask each of you to cast a vote over today. I do want to give each of you the opportunity to post one statement. It may be as long or as short as you like, and make take whatever form you like. You may make your own case for staying... or make a case for another leaving... but take the next seven posts,

Davey, Floating Fox, Gamara, Lance, Lard Lad, Lone Wolf, and Novelty

to speak your mind.

Then, when you're ready, cast your secret vote via PM to Exnihil to say who the next person will be to leave... Survivor. You may not vote for yourself. If you have a hidden Immunity Idol, and would like to play it, please indicate that along with your vote.

[ October 31, 2008, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'll keep my immunity, thank you very much - although large amounts of cash could sway me.

I do want to take a moment to say how much I have enjoyed playing this game with each and every one of you. I honestly didn't take the game very seriously at first - but since the first person was voted off, this game has become the highlight of my day. I actually feel a little sorry for those who chose not to participate in this rare experience. Kudos and many thanks to Exnihil for creating such a wonderful, enjoyable game!

It has been an honor and a privilege to compete with and against each and every one of you. Every single person has added a unique element to the competition. Best of luck to everyone - not only in the game, but in all that you do. I sincerely mean that.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeff, in this game you can never take anything for granted. Moreso, now that we've moved into an individual game. So, yes, it's every man for himself. At the same time, you have to have a certain amount of trust in what people are telling you and hope it turns out for the best.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamara
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamara           Edit/Delete Post     
Well Jeff,

I hope my tribemates, new and old, know that I can bring change to Marzal. Universal health care, spreading the wealth, it's all in my plan. And since I can see the world from this island (when it is in the same dimension), I can keep an eye on all the people whether they vote for (against?) me or not. I value the trust of each and every player and offer hope for all!

I'm Gamara and I approved this message.

--------------------
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeff,

It's not been easy hunting fish and sometimes you know you lose track of time while tracking those fishes. At this point in time, well, if I get voted out, I get voted out, but it has been fun to have played in this game.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to vote for Gamara. Not for elimination, but for President.

As for myself, I've tried to do my best in each challenge, and I've also treid my best to make sure as many of my tribemates make it to the endgame as possible.

Now, it's Ha;;oween and I have a five-year-ol son, and it's also my wedding anniversary, so I haven't had time to make a decision yet.

Sorry.

--------------------

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

My wife took out my 3 kids for trick-or-treating tonight. They got a bunch of candy, and she got at least 2 beers. I don't know how she does it.
Gamara
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamara           Edit/Delete Post     
LAL, you got married on Halloween?

--------------------
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Floating Foxlike Creature
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floating Foxlike Creature           Edit/Delete Post     
Ex-Jeff, you really enjoy stirring up the poop at tribal council, don't you? [sigh]

I agree with everything Lance said. Participating in this game has been a unique experience... short of doing the real thing, I don't think there are many opportunities like this to take part in such a fully-organized game of Survivor with all the features of the original (but with message board twists, of course).

I didn't know most of my fellow players in the game before it started, but now I've really had the chance to interact with and get to know my fellow Legion Worlders who I otherwise might not have.

And even if there are future versions of Survivor on Legion World, we'll always be able to say that we were the original cast. [Wink]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

quote:
Originally posted by Gamara:
LAL, you got married on Halloween?

Ya, five years ago today. We'd been together for a few years, we had a five month old son. Marriage had never been a priority for her (I'd asked a few times), but once you've got a kid there are some things that are just easier to do when you are married.

She said she wanted to get married on a date we wouldn't forget, like Halloween or tax day.

--------------------

Exnihil

Happy Anniversary, Davey!

Just a quick update for those playing along at home: 4 votes have been received; three are outstanding. Deliberation continues...

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

Whew, you guys love long Tribal Councils! C'est la vie.

All right, folks, hunker down and make camp, we're spending the night again.

Results tomorrow after the remaining votes are received.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats Davey.

And wow, I sent my vote ages ago. I hope this doesn't mean bad things for me [Frown]

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  69  70  71   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.