Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Survivor: Marzal (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  69  70  71   
Author Topic: Survivor: Marzal
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
(no snickering, now!)

I didn't think of snickering until you said that.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Snicker all the way to Tribal, boys, this challenge is over.

The first solution was submitted by Floating Foxlike Creature, but had a slight error in that one of the Queens other than himself was touching the Immunity square at a diagonal.

Lance then submitted a response based upon an alternate board layout that made no sense to me.

Correcting his layout, Lance resubmitted with the following solution:

Lance a3
novelty e2
lone wolf h3
davy d4
lardy g5
gamera c6
foxy f7

which was not only correct, but the suggested layout in the challenge instructions. Floating Foxlike Creature came to the same solution, but in second place, which means:

Lance wins Immunity!

[ October 30, 2008, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
wow! great job, Lance.

I had it about halfway worked out.

and now I'm going to bed. [Drool]

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Chessboards have the numbers along the ranks and the letters along the files. I had to go through my solution several times before I could write it down correctly.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Floating Foxlike Creature
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floating Foxlike Creature           Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats, Lance!

And what did you mean by the "suggested layout in the challenge instructions"? How was this layout different from the other possible solutions (you mentioned there were several)?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks LaL! Ever try to do a nine-queens problem with a 2-yr-old running around who wants your pieces? Don't try this at home!
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

He means I placed the queens a "knights move" from the other queens. That's the typical method of solving the 8 queens problem. Notice, on the sign behind Proty it mentions knight moves...
Exnihil

The title of the Challenge was "Working on Your Knight Moves" which, although we were playing with Queens, when you remove the pawn, the pattern described is three rows of a repeating progress of the moves of a Knight. I think it just looks aesthetically pleasing, ergo the title hint.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

Yeah... what Lance said... only quicker.

--------------------

Floating Foxlike Creature
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floating Foxlike Creature           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, thanks. I saw that, but didn't know what it meant.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Darn it, you guys are fast. Over in 13 minutes!

Grats Lance!

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

OK, guys, an early one tonight as our unified tribe turns out to have a couple closet Kasparovs. Congratulations, Lance, on winning Immunity. The rest of you, get a good night's rest, because tomorrow... it's Tribal Council.

Head on back to camp and start thinking about which one of your Tribemates:

-

is going home.

(...and decide on a name already [Smile] )

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Erm... I know LWL won the challenge... what was his reward again? Was it just that he got to pick who he sends off to Exile island?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
From the post announcing LWL's win:

quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Lone Wolf, in addition to winning reward, you also have one other task: You must tell me who the next individual is that will be sent to Exile Island. They will be sent tonight, but will be back in time for the next Challenge. Who is the "lucky" fellow, LW?

Usually, the reward is stated outright at the immunity challenge. What's up?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

I think Ex has a twist there.

--------------------

This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  69  70  71   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.