Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Cartoon Trivia (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Cartoon Trivia
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
No. The series may have been from Japan, but this kitchen wasn't. [Wink]
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hot dogs?

If that is not correct, then you have stumped us (well, me. But I seem to be the only one trying on this one) and can ask a different question.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd thought there was someone else besides me who'd watched Robotech? Oh, well... [Smile]

ANSWER: Miriya was trying to cook for her husband. Not being familiar with Earth's cooking methods... she ended up "cooking" the coffeepot when she heated oil in it. [LOL]

Quislet, go ahead and take the next question. Cause you tried hardest on answering it. [Smile]

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, let's see...

How many wacky racers were there in the cartoon Wacky Racers?

A bonus if you can name them all.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
There was Penelope Pitstop.
The Anthill Mob
Dastardly and Mutley
The Caveman Brothers
The ghoul ones that I have forgot the names of
The drag racer guy in the red car

And I'm sure a couple of others. I think there were eight in total though. That certainly sounds right...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think there were nine vehicles:
The six Bevis named (I'm guessing the last one is Peter Perfect).

Plus
The Arkansas Chug-a-bug
The Army Surplus Special
Professor Pat Pending

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Yup, Petere Perfect is the other one I was thinking of. The male equivalent of Penelope Pitstop really.

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

8 and 9 is not the correct answers

--------------------

Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Actually saw a couple of episodes recently, since Boomerang slipped them into a block dedicated to Dastardly & Muttley. But I had to go back and look up the details.

There were 11 cars total. The two that hadn't been mentioned yet were the Crimson Haybaler (the car/plane hybrid) and the Buzz Wagon (with sawblade wheels)

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

You are correct.

The official names of the cars are:

Number 1: The Bouldermobile, driven by The Slag Brothers (Rock Slag & Gravel Slag) - cavemen (covered with hair like Cousin Itt from The Addams Family; their design was recycled for Captain Caveman) driving a wheeled boulder. The Slag Brothers sometimes reconstructed their car from scratch just by using their clubs on any large boulder that was available. On one occassion the car was shown to be using an unseen, living creature as its engine.

Number 2: The Creepy Coupe, driven by The Gruesome Twosome (Big Gruesome & Little Gruesome) - monsters (Big spoke like Boris Karloff and Little like Peter Lorre), driving a car with a belfry; the belfry housed a dragon and various ghosts and ghouls. The Creepy Coupe was able to fly short distances through use of the dragon's wings.

Number 3: The Convert-a-Car, driven by Professor Pat Pending - a scientist in a car that can change into just about anything that moves.

Number 4: The Crimson Haybailer, driven by RED MAX - an air ace (loosely based on WWI German aviator, Max Immelmann) in a car/plane hybrid that was capable of limited flight, usually just enough to leapfrog over racers and/or obstacles in its path. The Haybailer also had a machine gun mounted, which was sporadically used.

Number 5: The Compact Pussycat, driven by Penelope Pitstop - a woman racer driving a pink feminine car with personal grooming facilities. Said facilities would sometimes backfire on the other racers---shampoo foam hitting the faces of the other racers, for instance.

Number 6: The Army Surplus Special, driven by Sergeant Blast & Private Meekly - two soldiers racing an army tank/jeep hybrid. The Army Surplus Special made use of its tank facilities while racing, including its cannon.

Number 7: The Bulletproof Bomb (aka The Roaring Twenty), driven by The Ant Hill Mob (led by Clyde) - gangsters in a 1920s salon car. Their car was renamed Chugga-Boom in the spinoff The Perils of Penelope Pitstop, where it also seemed to gain sentience.

Number 8: The Arkansas Chuggabug, driven by Luke & Blubber Bear - a hillbilly who sleeps most of the races and a worry-wart bear in a wooden buggy driven by a coal-fired range.

Number 9: The Turbo Terrific, driven by Peter Perfect - a jock (he had a crush on Penelope, so often stopped to help) driving a drag racer that often falls to bits.

Number 10: The Buzz Wagon, driven by Rufus Ruffcut & Sawtooth - a lumberjack and a beaver in a wagon with buzzsaws for wheels, which gave it the ability to cut through almost anything, damaging or destroying the object in the process.

Number 00: The Mean Machine, driven by Dick Dastardly & Muttley - the villains of the series, in a rocket-powered car with lots of concealed weapons.
(thank you Wikipedia)

you can go here to see what they looked like
Wacky Racers

--------------------

Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Okay, tying it to the previous question... what three American cartoon series got inspiration from "Wacky Races"?
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Penelope Pitstop (I'm not sure if it had another name), Those Marvellous Men In Their Flying Machines (aka Stop The Pigeon, starring Dastardly and Mutley) and, I assume, Captain Caveman.

--------------------

Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Yes... and if I'd been thinking, I would have seen that Quislet quoted the Captain Caveman reference above! [Embarrassed]

But your question, Bevis.

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Yup, which is how I managed to get all three. [Big Grin] I kind of assumed that Captain Caveman came first but Quis kind of gave it away for me. Not that I'm complaining of course.

I asked a Dangermouse question a little while ago, but let's have another one. Which character from Dangermouse had their own spin off series despite the fact that only their name and the very basic concept remained the same?

--------------------

Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Count Duckula
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.