Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Buffy Trvia Game (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 94 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  92  93  94   
Author Topic: Buffy Trvia Game
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Mentioned but not seen? oooh. Well I think in the first episode it mentioned two in the intro but we only saw one of them. One certainly remained un-named but I can't think what the other one was called. i think India Cohen, Buffy's predecessor, was mentioned as well but we certainly haven't seen her. There was the Korean girl that Sid the Dummy knew as well. i don't think she got named either though.

Oh, and Anya's birth year was 1980 (I think. Could have been 81, but my reference stuff is all at home).
I'm sure there must be more than that though.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there were several thousand mentioned but not seen in Chosen [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never seen the first ep intro (Is it on the DVD?) so I can't say yay or nea there. The only time I recall a specific slayer mentioned - but never seen - is the Korean Girl mentioned by Sid.

Bevis, where was India Cohen mentioned?

Anyway, take it away, Bevis.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Actually I'm not sure if India is mentioned or not or whether she's just been established in the novels. The intro bit from the first ep, as far as I'm aware, was only ever shown when the series first premiered and has never been shown outside the US, included on subsequent repeats or been kept on the video/DVD releases. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if it's on the DVD *somewhere*.

OK, in the movie of Buffy there is a young actor playing basketball in a no 10 shirt and a young, plump waitress called Charlotte. Both went on to bigger and better things. Name them both.

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

OK, just to make it a bit harder the actress who played Kimberley in the film also went to to better things. In fact two of the three have won Oscars and the other one I'm sure has loads of awards. Only one of them actually is credited in the film though...

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, I'm curious, and this is certainly a good place to ask. How good are the Buffy comics and the Buffy novels? I think the Buffy comics have been discontinued, but I am curious about what hard-core Buffy fans think about them. A quick review anyone? Thanks!

(Sorry for posting this within the trivia thread, but I figure only real Buffy fans would check it.)

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Not sure about the comics (although if you go to www.bbc.co.uk/cult/buffy then they have a few of the comics on-line as a sampler) but the nvels are... well, they're a mixed bag. Some are great, some are utter pish. Very few of them are of the same quality as even the weaker episodes of the TV show but most of them are at least an entertaining read. If you can find them in the local library give them a look and don't be put of if the first one you read is a bit sucky since the next one might be good. The 'Tales of the Slayers' collections, with short stories about Slayers prior to Buffy are pretty good though.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Well, I know Hilary Swank is in the film - I don't know the others though. Wish I had the movie so I could see what you're asking about.
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Hilary Swank is indeed one of the three (Kimberley) and of course one of the two to have an Oscar. If no-one else gets it by tonight I'll give a couple of other hints.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Ok, since no one else got it, I checked out imdb and found it was Ben Affleck and Ricki Lake.
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Indeed it was lance. Funny how some of the bit part players now have huge careers and the star of them film is... uh... who knows? [Wink]

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Well, the star of the film is in my dreams most every day. *sigh* Kristy Swanson, a stake, and some red jello....mmmmmm...huh? what? Oh, ok, I'm back....here we go...

Name all of the actors in the show who have played more than one character. By actor I mean someone who had more than 5 lines in each part, and they have to have played a completely different character. (The 2 Xanders and evil Willow don't count. )

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Are we talking just about Buffy here or about Angel as well?

Assuming we are talking about both off the top of my head I can think of the guy who played Luke and The Judge, the guy who was the Vampire in 'Lies My Parents Told Me' who was also in Angel as... someone else and didn't the guy who played Caleb turn up in Angel as well as Firefly? Unfortunately i can't think of the names of any of those off the top of my head.

And of course there was Tom Lenk who played one of Harmony's minions in 'Real Me' (I think) before going on to play Andrew. I'm pretty sure there are others though (and I assume we're discounting all the actors that played The First at various points).

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

I was just talking about Buffy. The 2 I had in mind were Tom Lenk and the guy who played Luke and the judge. You're up, Bevis.
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Ah, you might want to ask the question again lance then coz I asked the same question earlier on in the game. I can come up with a question if you want, but I think it's only fair you get to ask another one.

--------------------

This topic comprises 94 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  92  93  94   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.