Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Survivor: Marzal (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  69  70  71   
Author Topic: Survivor: Marzal
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh, why can't we name ourselves X-Nihil? [LOL]

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
ohhh no! I really don't want to have anything to do with a group that starts with an 'X." I gave those up years ago...
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I chose Gamara, sorry big guy.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
All right, Gam... it's back to Exile wit'cha... stand by for instructions.

The rest of you... enjoy the night. Light a bonfire, throw back a few, and enjoy your reunification!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Ex, I have a question. If the person who gets the most votes chooses to play the immunity idol - what happens? Is no one voted off? Or does the person with the second most votes asked to leave?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

The latter: second most votes. For example: if Quis had played it at the last Tribal Council, Lardy would have been voted off with just one vote! The idol may only be played up to the final four, at which point it's nullified.

Here is my Immunity Idol FAQ:

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000172;p=15#000213

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going fishing with my stick again. I think I will try a new spot today and see what I can spear.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

You've got Tree-mail:

-

Immunity Challenge Tonight at 9:30 PM EST

--------------------

Exnihil

OK, Survivors, bring it on in.

Well, let's take a look at the new unified Tribe all decked out in their new black buffs... including Gamara, just back from Exile Island:

-

Looking good, guys. OK, before we get into tonight's challenge, first things first. You had a night to talk it over, so, what have you decided your new tribe name is going to be?

--------------------

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know that there's been a decision. I suggested TYROC and a few people seemed to like it, but I don't know that we've reached a consensus.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

The Gilligan tribe! Who's gonna be Mary Ann?
lancesrealm
amiable

Do we actually have any other serious suggestions besides Tyroc?
Exnihil

No worries, it'll keep.

--------------------

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lance's realm:
Who's gonna be Mary Ann?

Lardy.

There were also St'hura and N'balla suggested by I think Foxy.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

All right, for the time being, you shall remain nameless, but hopefully by Tribal you've got one picked out.

OK, tonight's challenge is one of subtlety and grace, as we put a new spin on the ancient game of game of chess (still played even today by such notables as Brainiac 5 and the Khundish Field Marshall, Lorca). So, pass by the castle and ask for the check, mates, it's time to start:

-

How do you guys like my new friend? I found him trotting along the beach. Who's a good boy... huh? Who's a good boy? You want a carrot, buddy, huh? He reminds me a little bit of Supergirl's old boyfr... er... pet.

Anyway, here's how tonight's challenge will work:

- Below you will see a standard chess board upon which three pieces have already been placed:

-

- In squares B1 and B8 you will notice your old friends, and members of our jury: Quislet Esq and dedman. For the purpose of the game tonight they have the abilities of Queens (no snickering, now!) That is to say, they have the ability to capture within the entire length of the row, column, or any diagonal upon which they rest.

- In square B3, we see the lovely Miss Drura Sehpt, Infectious Lass, who tonight represents Immunity in the form of a blocking Pawn.

- Your challenge is to place 7 other pieces on the board (one for each member of your tribe, including yourself). Each new piece will also have the ability to act as a Queen (the ability to capture within the entire length of the row, column, or any diagonal upon which they rest).

- You must place the pieces in such a way that no Queen has the ability to capture another Queen (that is to say: unless the Pawn sits between them to block - as it currently does between Quis and dedman, no two Queens should occupy the same row, column or diagonal).

A few stipulations:

- The existing pieces (Quis, dedman, and Drura) may not be moved from their current positions.

- Your own piece must be placed in such a way as to be touching the Immunity square.

- No piece other than your own may be touching the Immunity square.

If you think you have a layout which meets all of the above criteria, send a PM to Exnihil with your solution in the following format: example: Novelty - A1, Lone Wolf - B2, etc. Any solutions posted on the board will mean immediate disqualification for that Survivor, and give a free pass to the next person to submit correctly.

There are a few different solutions to this Challenge but... as a hint... a particularly elegant one is suggested by the title of the Challenge itself. The first person to submit the correct solution wins Individual Immunity and is safe at Tribal Council.

Survivors ready? Go!

--------------------

This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  69  70  71   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.