Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Cartoon Trivia (Page 33)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Cartoon Trivia
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure it's just one brother, originally named Benjy, who later got way big into punk and started calling himself Sal (short for Saliva) Putrid. He's not so punk anymore, since he got a job as 'Dr. Whoopee', a spokesman for a condom company, but still calls himself Sal.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are the correct names. I was never sure if Garry Trudeau intentionally changed Benjy into Sal or if he simply let Benjy get "forgotten" as a relic of the early days of the strip when it was crudely drawn and more focused on student politics than general politics and pop culture.

Take it away, Matthew!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
What show features an episode in which the superheroes Weather Woman and Captain Hammer have to defeat supervillains Yuckyman and Dr. Shrinky?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The Kroft Supershow?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm fairly sure that's Drawn Together, in the episode where Captain Hero realises he can make huge amounts of cash by placing bets on himself and then throwing fights.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Neither of those.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Backyardigans? Thats what the characters are called, but I'm not sure of the show.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

'The Backyardigans' is correct. (And you should all try watching it! Sure, it's for little kids, but it's got a good sense of humour and the music is frequently very good.)

Go ahead.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
what's the name and gender of Blondie's dog?

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

The dog's name is Daisy, but... I think it's a he.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I know the name is Daisy. I believe Daisy is female because she had pups.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

The original Daisy was male, but has since had puppies. I don't know if they got a new dog, vacationed in Stockholm, or were affected by Infinite Crisis...but I intended for my question to be in the present tense (I hope that was clear). I believe the honor goes to Quislet, Esq.

(The pups were around for a couple of years, then disappeared sans explanation. I wasn't around in the 1920's, but was Blondie's maiden name de Vil?)

--------------------
~Integritas~

Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
No, Blondie'e maiden name was Boop-a-Doop.

Daisy could have been the father of the pups. I can't imagine the actual birth or any nursing was shown on-panel; with dogs, all that matters is which parent's owner wants to keep them.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

...and then I read this morning's Blondie, and Daisy is clearly referred to as "she".

Never mind.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

OK, let's think. (I know! I know! That may be dangerous. But is it too dangerous for a girl?)

In the Warner Brothers cartoon, "Tick Tock Tuckered", Porky & Daffy have to get to sleep early in order to arrive at work on time and not get fired. This is a remake of an earlier cartoon called "Porky's Badtime Story". The earlier cartoon featured Porky and someone other than Daffy. Who was Porky's orginal co-star?

--------------------

This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.