Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Survivor: Marzal (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  69  70  71   
Author Topic: Survivor: Marzal
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, wow. I didn't see that coming. Excuse me, I am in shock...
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamara
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamara           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to see you go Quis!

Ex, can you please tell us the time when tonight's challenge will be posted?

--------------------
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Wow! Wow!

I didn't see that coming as well. I think I see a trend... people with animals on their avatar get voted out fast... Gamara, I'd change my avatar if I were you [LOL]

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Previously on...

Survivor!

Once again, the scales were evened out, as Gamara returned to the reconfigured N'hura to make it 4 on 4 vs the St'balla tribe. At the Reward Challenge, an ailing Jeff Proty was temporarily replaced by guest host, Brainiac 5, who sent our contestants into a mental maelstrom with a difficult logic puzzle. St'balla came through in the end, however, winning an Imperfect Duplicator Ray in the bargain.

At the Immunity Challenge, St'balla invoked their ray to create a Bizarro Quislet. Quislet Mark-1 flew off to Exile Island to prevent the sullying of his good name, but, unbeknowst to him, Bizarro Quis had returned to jeer his own tribe as they faced off in a Lyrical Challenge sponsored by McCauley Omnicom. St'balla won immunity in a nail-biter finish, sending N'hura to Tribal Council, where Quislet was voted off, becoming the second member of the jury.

Whew! Who writes this stuff?

7 Castaways are left. Who will be voted out next? Watch today, as a new Tree Mail signals the next Challenge on... Survivor.

AHHHHHHHH-HOOOOOOOO!

Survivor Theme:

OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH-WEE-AH!
OH-OH-OH-WEE-AH!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:[QB]Whew! Who writes this stuff?
You do Ex. BTW, are we headed for a final 2 or a final 3? Or is that a secret only known to Ex?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Novelty:
BTW, are we headed for a final 2 or a final 3?

The answer to that question has already been shown to those with keen powers of observation.

Meanwhile... you've got Tree-Mail:

-

Reward Challenge Tonight 10 PM EST

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
quote:
Originally posted by Novelty:
BTW, are we headed for a final 2 or a final 3?

The answer to that question has already been shown to those with keen powers of observation.
Ah, I see what you mean, Ex! [Hmmm?]

[ October 29, 2008, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: LardLad ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it was fun while it lasted. The current N'hura better hope that I don't hold a grudge.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

All right, Survivors, bring it on in.

Here comes St'balla:

-

...and our first look at the new N'hura, Quislet voted out at the last Tribal Council:

-

All right, let's get right to tonight's Challenge.

People often ask me, "Say, Jeff, your last name's Proty. Does that mean you're related to Proty II?"

Well, yes... he's my cousin. But trust me: at family reunions, I'm still the bigger hit. You see, the thing with Proty II is that he's not much of a talker. Everything's "classified" this, and "top secret" that. It's that Durlan fellow he hangs out with. All that "Espionage" stuff rubs off on him. Well, tonight I'm going to take a page out his book as you're about to become an:

-

of your own.

Earlier today, each one of you received a PM with a series of three alphabetic ciphers. You will have noticed that each of them consisted of exactly 26 letters. This is no coincidence.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is as follows:

- Each of your ciphers has a direct, sequential alphabetic correspondence (i.e. the first letter = A, the second = B and so on.)
- Only two of these ciphers, however, are valid. The third is merely a red herring.
- In a moment, a four line coded message will be posted on the board.
- Each line of this message is encoded according to one of the ciphers. That is to say, each line uses a different 26 letter cipher to accurately decode it. Punctuation has been left intact as an aid, but all spaces between words have been removed.
- It is your job to decode the entire message

- Obviously, since you only possess two valid ciphers, you will only be able to use your own PM for half the message (which lines vary from player to player). How you decode the remainder is entirely up to you.
- You may share info with your Tribe-mates (among the members of each Tribe, there is enough data to decode the entire message) OR you may choose to work alone and simply attempt to crack the remaining two lines using basic substitution methodology.

Why (you may ask) would you choose to work alone? The reason is simply: Tonight's Reward will only be given to One Survivor.

- The first individual to crack the message and PM Exnihil the solution wins Reward. Any solutions posted on the board will result in immediate disqualification for that individual Survivor, and basically give a free ride to the next person to PM the solution.

Want to know what you're playing for:

-

One Duralim wand ( [Frown] sniff... sorry, painful memories of my other cousin) that has been customized for a very specific purpose that will be revealed to the winner of the Challenge.

Survivors ready? This message will self-destruct in 30 seconds (Kidding! I'm kidding, come back!). The coded message will be posted 5 minutes from... Now!

--------------------

Exnihil

...and here is your message:

HS'XEVVEEUCU'AMDEKQDQJVEORUNENEBQ.

UDNVLOGKNZRNLNIVHHNLNOU,QWUUDNVLSCGARGZUDNZGKN.

DOXWTXAAYQNDZVMFJ,"ZNS'QXINDONWDOXPXQHX

LUWILKKRMTBLFIYFUUH...RG'HGRNVULIGSVNVITV!"

Good Luck, Survivors!

--------------------

Exnihil

Survivors, put down your Enigma machines... We have a winner!

Stand by for details...

--------------------

Exnihil

As mentioned prior, each Survivor was supplied with three ciphers.

Two were from the following group:

EXLCQWNARFTVBUIJPDHSMGKZOY
GQPINHSDVXBAKOCMJLZUWFRETY
MIRJXAHOFTCKGWNYBQVDSPLUZE
ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA

and a third, a red herring, was also given:

PIMKGDQZBLOEJTASVWCXRFYUHN

Used correctly, in concert with Tribe-mates, or just pushing through on your own, would yield the following correct message:

St'balla and N'hura were playing a game.
Their names were different, but their goal was the same.
Then Jeff Proty said, "You're both on the verge
of dropping your buffs... It's time for the merge!"

First in with the correct response was Cryptographer Extraordinaire, Lone Wolf, which means:

Lone Wolf Wins Reward!

Congrats Wolfie! For the rest of you I have nothing, except the fact that the message is 100% correct. As of this moment, there is no longer a St'balla or N'hura... you're all one Tribe!

Talk amongst yourselves and, prior to the next challenge, let me know what new tribe name you have chosen for yourselves.

Lone Wolf, in addition to winning reward, you also have one other task: You must tell me who the next individual is that will be sent to Exile Island. They will be sent tonight, but will be back in time for the next Challenge. Who is the "lucky" fellow, LW?

--------------------

Gamara
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamara           Edit/Delete Post     
Congratulations Lone Wolf!

--------------------
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you Gamara!

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Amazing job, LWL! I admit, I'm useless at this. I transposed two letters that messed me up for one of the ciphers, and I think I ws doing it backwards half the time.

[ October 29, 2008, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Language Arts Lad ]

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  69  70  71   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.