Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name That TV Show Theme Song!!! (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37   
Author Topic: Name That TV Show Theme Song!!!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:

"Far beyond the world I've known
Far beyond my time
What am I? Who am I? What will I be?
Where am I going and what will I see?"

I know it was presented instumentally, but could those be the lyrics to the theme song to Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (a show I know is near and dear to your heart)? Seems it was sung in the original movie/pilot....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I am nothing if not predictable. It is indeed the lyrics for the Buck Rogers Television show.

Take it away Lardy...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa! It was mostly the context of the lyrics and the knowing you that guided my hand. I'll give a think as to another theme....

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Let's try this one:

(show title), now I know what it takes
I'm putting a new face on the old one
Ready for anything.

Playing with fate, not a moment too late.
I'm showing the whole world
Nothing can get me down!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Some hints:

'80s sitcom.

The theme song above was actually the second one used, appearing starting in the third season. The first theme song is probably more well-known (and peppier).

There's some (imperfect) rhyming with the show's title in that first line.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I know that one. That's Gimme a Break, starring the late, great Nell Carter.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
I know that one. That's Gimme a Break, starring the late, great Nell Carter.

That's it, Rocky! You, my friend, have the next theme!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, this is from the full version of the lyrics presented in some episodes. If no one gets it from this, I'll post the better-known part:

In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity.
I'm not inclined to resign to maturity.
If it's all right, then you're all wrong.
But why bounce around to the same damn song?

[ September 02, 2011, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Too Close for Comfort?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Nope. 'Way too early.

In my opinion, this is the best theme song of any current show.

Here's the whole theme:

In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity.
I'm not inclined to resign to maturity.
If it's all right, then you're all wrong.
But why bounce around to the same damn song?
You'd rather run when you can't crawl.

I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth,
I know, you know, they just don't have any proof.
Embrace the deception, and learning how to bend,
Your worst inhibitions tend to (Show Title) you out in the end.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Psych?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I'm getting a feeling! Yes! Lard Lad is right! [Wink]

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
I'm getting a feeling! Yes! Lard Lad is right! [Wink]

That's funny! Never seen Psych, but Rocky's lyrics make it clear that there's only a one- or two-word title there, and likely a verb at that. I was thinking "USA Network" and scrolled thru the digital guide...and guess what's on at this exact moment on USA? [Big Grin]

I'll think of something soon....

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

It's a rare condition, this day and age,
to read any good news on the newspaper page.
Love and tradition of the grand design,
some people say it's even harder to find.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Family Matters

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.