Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name That TV Show Theme Song!!! (Page 31)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37   
Author Topic: Name That TV Show Theme Song!!!
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow... I thought I was the only one haunted by those Outerscope puppets. Your go, Lardy.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, Ex, every once in a while, I still rock out to the Vegetable Soup theme (or my remembrance of it, anyway) in the shower or wherever! Remember the drum beat or whatever that followed those lyrics?

I'll think of one soon...

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, this one could be hard...or not:

Something magic in the way you hold me in your eyes
No one ever warned me love just takes you by surprise

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

What? No guesses?!?! Someone's gotta guess something before I give more lyrics! [Yes]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Bewitched? I know the theme song is usually just music, but I know the Bonanza theme song which is remembered as being just music had lyrics.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Nope, Quis. Not Bewitched.

But since somebody guessed, I'll repost the above two lines along with the next two. It finishes the verse with the chorus still to come. But the main lyrical theme to the chorus makes it first appearance. If you're gonna recognize it at all, chances are a bell will start to ring here. If no one guesses correctly, I'll post the rest of the song tomorrow. No Googling, please! [No] Again, this one's pretty hard, IMO:

I don't know what's come over me, you've got me hypnotized
when you look at me.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

NO guesses, so here's the entire song:

I don't know what's come over me, you've got me hypnotized
when you look at me.

You look at me, soft as any touch could be
And suddenly, there's magic when you look at me
I feel like I'm in heaven every moment when
You look at me

You look at me, and suddenly I'm captured in your eyes
You look at me

If you can recognize it by the song alone, the last two stanzas comprise the most memorable part. If no correct guesses, I'll start giving clues soon...

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Punky Brewster? Just a wild guess.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Nope. Clues to come tonight if no correct guesses.

(Punky Brewster? Seriously? Sorry, just seems a little romantic a theme for such a show. [LOL] )

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought maybe it could be the love of a crusty parent-figure rediscovering joy in the love of a little child. Was that what Punky Brewster was about?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Chico and the...no no no...

Um...crap...wait...

Joanie loves Chachi?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Chico and the...no no no...

Um...crap...wait...

Joanie loves Chachi?

Yep, that's the one! Short-lived Happy Days spin-off! Personally, I think it was a decent theme song that I've remembered ever since and occasionally sing! Check it out here for yourself!

quote:
Originally posted by Xben:
I thought maybe it could be the love of a crusty parent-figure rediscovering joy in the love of a little child. Was that what Punky Brewster was about?

[shrug] Never watched Punky, but it made me laugh since "You Look at Me" is supposed to be romantic!

Dev, you're next! (Was that a wild guess, or did it ring a bell?)

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
No wonder I couldn't remember that! I blocked out JLC, just as I blocked out such other unpleasant things from the eighties as big hair, Cabbage Patch Kids and Nancy Reagan.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
No wonder I couldn't remember that! I blocked out JLC, just as I blocked out such other unpleasant things from the eighties as big hair, Cabbage Patch Kids and Nancy Reagan.

Funny thing is, "JLC" was guessed (but not the answer) way earlier in this thread, so I was afraid it would be easier than I expected!

Still like the theme song, dammit!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy, reading it, I kept seeing two people singing to each other...it took me almost all day to actually remember the name of the show...

Here we go...

"Far beyond the world I've known
Far beyond my time
What am I? Who am I? What will I be?
Where am I going and what will I see?"

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.