Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 30)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
And, Blacula has it.
All the places I wanted to go were gone by the time I got to pick (we were chosen randomly), so I took the company that paid the highest wage. Even if turns out to be a horrible worksite it's only for 6 months.

Just so you know they are all big companies involved in bitumen extraction here in the Alberta oil sands.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Lucky guess. Enjoy the big money! [Smile]

Hmmmm... what's some interesting info re: me I can ask about?

OK, this'll do - I have just been accepted to University to study what?

1. Photography
2. Town Planning
3. Primary School Teaching
4. Law
5. Medicine
6. Journalism
7. Filmmaking
8. Asian Business Studies
9. Acting
10. Comic Book Writing

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...Some of those sound like really fun and interesting programs.
I'll go with one I have some knowledge about, so...

7. Filmmaking

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
2. Town Planning?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Filmmaking - I actually studied this a few years ago (at the New York Film Academy - DO NOT go there!). Loved the creativity and camaraderie of the industry. Wasn't so keen on the lack of money or opportunities without connections.

Town Planning - This is a field I've become very interested in, mainly because the city I live in at the moment (Perth) seems to have put zero forethought into how to develop this city for the future, but no, I won't be pursuing a degree in it.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Asian Business Studies
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Asian Business Studies - I was trying to think of subjects to pad out my list with and remembered that this was one of the courses on my list of University preferences when I did my first degree many years ago. I have no idea why as I don't have much interest in Asia (other than as a short holiday destination) or Business Studies so it was lucky I got into one of my first choices.
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

This is probably very rewarding at times so...

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
6. Journalism

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Primary School Teaching - I have a lot of friends in this field but I am not much of a children-person and can think of few things worse than being surrounded by them all day. So no, I won't be studying Primary School Teaching.

Journalism - When I did my first degree (Communications) I chose a lot of (print) Journalism units and greatly enjoyed them - especially the editing/newsroom side. I could've seen myself becoming a newspaper journalist/editor but life took me down a different path after graduation.

So here's what's left -

1. Photography
2. Town Planning
4. Law
5. Medicine
6. Journalism
7. Filmmaking
8. Asian Business Studies
9. Acting
10. Comic Book Writing

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just because I would love to believe there's a university degree in it, I'll go with

10. Comic Book Writing

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Maybe you've been inspired by Quis...

4. Law

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
5. Medicine

Drugs sounds good!

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Comic Book Writing - Only in my dreams. [Frown]

Medicine - I don't think I could handle the blood.

Law - is CORRECT! Some background info re: me - I come from a family of lawyers. Dad. Brother. Sister. Uncle. Two Cousins. Needless to say, when I was at school I wanted to be *anything* but a lawyer when I grew up. But a funny thing happened on the way to the future. I got a job working for an anti-corruption organisation and through them got to work with different Attorney General's offices and other legal organisations around the world. And to my great surprise - I found I really liked it! So after my flirtation with filmmaking didn't work out I decided I'd focus on a field that I was interested in *and* already had a lot of connections within. So Law it is.

Your question dedman.

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

I just finished a drawing 2 days ago and am colouring it today. What did I draw?

1. Bouncing Boy (LSH)
2. Element Lad (LSH)
3. Elf warrior
4. Emerald Empress (LSH)
5. Kitana (Mortal Kombat)
6. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
7. Pinhead (Hellraiser)
8. Shao Khan (Mortal Kombat)
9. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
10.Vampire

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.