Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Today In History (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Today In History
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Elusion Girl:
[Phantom Girl] Today in TV history, on Sept. 24th, "The Bullwinkle Show" premiered in prime time on NBC. The show was originally on ABC in the afternoon as "*blank*."

Name the year and the program's original title. [Phantom Girl]

Sorry to keep guessing the year, but I'm bad at the year portion.

I'd guess 1965 as the year

The title was The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penetrable Girl
Just A Phase?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penetrable Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by Elusion Girl:
[Phantom Girl] Today in TV history, on Sept. 24th, "The Bullwinkle Show" premiered in prime time on NBC. The show was originally on ABC in the afternoon as "*blank*."

Name the year and the program's original title. [Phantom Girl]

Sorry to keep guessing the year, but I'm bad at the year portion. I'd guess 1965 as the year

The title was The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle

[Phantom Girl] You're close on both counts, Quis but neither is accurate. Googling isn't against the rules. [Razz] [Phantom Girl]

[ September 24, 2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Elusion Girl ]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Bgztl | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I figured googling isn't allowed

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bIZARRO nO.1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bIZARRO nO.1           Edit/Delete Post     
gOOGELING AM cHEATING, AND cHEATING AM ALWAYS HELD IN HIGH ESTEEM!!
From: bIZARRO wORLD | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bIZARRO nO.1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bIZARRO nO.1           Edit/Delete Post     
mE AM GOOGLE 11/19/1959 AND IT AM CALLED rOCKY & hiS aMAZIING fRIENDS. iT AM CO-STAR iCEMAN AND fIRESTAR hOORAY!! mE AM CHEAT WAY TO TOP!!
From: bIZARRO wORLD | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penetrable Girl
Just A Phase?

quote:
Originally posted by bIZARRO nO.1:
mE AM GOOGLE 11/19/1959 AND IT AM CALLED rOCKY & hiS aMAZIING fRIENDS. iT AM CO-STAR iCEMAN AND fIRESTAR hOORAY!! mE AM CHEAT WAY TO TOP!!

[Phantom Girl] Condolences, biZARRO! You were incorrect about the title but, happily, you were correct about the year.
(In non-Bizarro - the title is correct, but not the year)

Perhaps 1959 is the year that the show debuted on ABC, but I'm asking for the later year in which it debuted on NBC.

Me am tricky [Razz] [Phantom Girl]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Bgztl | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penetrable Girl
Just A Phase?

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I figured googling isn't allowed

[Phantom Girl] That's an individual call, IMO, Quis. Obviously it'll ruin the game if someone/everyone Googles the answer within 30 seconds, but if one guesses and then Googles, it shouldn't be a big deal. [Phantom Girl]

--------------------

Penetrable Girl
Just A Phase?

biZARRO nO. 1 correctly guessed the TV program's title as Rocky & His Friends. The year, however, that the show debuted on NBC was 1962. Sept. 24th, 1962. [Phantom Girl]

--------------------

Penetrable Girl
Just A Phase?

[Phantom Girl] Today in music history, on Sept. 25th, this musical opened on Broadway. The work was the third collaboration of Tim Rice and Andre Lloyd Weber.

Name the year and the musical. [Phantom Girl]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Evita? 1976?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Jesus Christ Superstar and 1977

Both guesses

--------------------

Kid Neuro
Puff of Dragon Magic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Neuro           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Evita? 1976?

[Dragonmage] You guessed the musical correctly, EDE!. The year is still up for grabs. [Dragonmage]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Zarrox, the Sorcerer's World | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Neuro
Puff of Dragon Magic

[Dragonmage] And the year was 1979. [Dragonmage]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Zarrox, the Sorcerer's World | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Neuro
Puff of Dragon Magic

[Dragonmage] Today in birthday history, on Sept. 26th, 1774, John Chapman was born. He planted orchards, befriended wild animals, and was considered at great medicine man by Native Americans.

By what name was/is he more commonly known? [Dragonmage]

[ September 26, 2004, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: Jargonmage ]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Johnny Appleseed?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.