Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Sci-Fi Trivia Game... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Sci-Fi Trivia Game...
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Paradise Towers?

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
Congratulations Wayne!

I'm not really a fan of the Sylvester McCoy years but I remember thinking that Pex was a real hottie so that storyline has stuck in my mind.

You're up!

Ken

--------------------
Yes, but now I'm back! I'm back FROM the future!

Vist Hyperion Ranch!
Guided tours of Chateau Crowbar now available!

http://hometown.aol.com/kidcrowbar/myhomepage/ranch.html

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay... A really really easy one while I wait for designers to send me files. At this time of day I'm surprised I can think of anything at all.

What level of power is required to activate your DeLorean Time Vehicle?

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
1.21 Gigawatts

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Of Course... [Wink]

(Was trying to come up with a song for my band by the same name, but they resisted... [Frown] )

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Little non-question trivia factoid: Doug Naylor has said that the original conception for Lister was for him to be played a bit like the Doc in BttF, with his brain fried by all the curries, etc.

Eventually getting round to the question:

According to Kryten, what non-standard piece of equipment was issued only to those mechanoids working on Italian starships?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Dunno, but another interesting non-question trivia factoid regarding my namesake question above (which I hate I missed since that's one of my favorite Who stories!): The character of Pex was originally intended to be played by an Arnold Schwartzenegger-type actor (as a joke, since someone that large and muscular theoretically shouldn't be afraid to go to war), but of course, Howard Cooke got the part and wound up playing it far more sincerely. I've always liked his Pex (no pun intended) so that's why I chose the name I did... [Wink]

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
Pex, I wasn't sure if you were connected with the Doctor Who character or not, but as soon as I saw your name that's where my thoughts went.

It's been years since I've seen it and I never bothered to record the McCoy episodes, so it's all a bit hazy now.

I like Red Dwarf too, but I'm damned if I know the reference.

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
According to Kryten, what non-standard piece of equipment was issued only to those mechanoids working on Italian starships?

garlic press? (trying to think of stereotypical Italian items)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Clue - it's something Kryten said at a time he was bemoaning his lack of the thing for a specific reason.

[ February 10, 2004, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I probably don't know the answer to this, but the reference to "italian starships" is so familiar it's driving me nuts. I just wish I knew where I heard that distinction before...!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Maybe you're thinking of Demon Planet, my favorite Italian Rubber movie.

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Reboot

Clue: Kryten once obtained this thing for a short time, and spent time taking pictures of it.

--------------------

Reboot

Come on - given that this is LW.net, I expected someone would have guessed THIS object long ago.

Kryten later made one which ran away, leading the Cat to a rather embarassing situation and Kokanski to make a snotty remark.

--------------------

JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
We're not talking about "Archie", are we? lol

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.