Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Sci-Fi Trivia Game... (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Sci-Fi Trivia Game...
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Hasn't he? Is he okay? Shit, I feel awful that I never noticed [Embarrassed] Hope he's fine!

Mr. Shakespeare is either winding you up or referring solely to this thread, Mrs B.: http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00000002 [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh that Mr Shakespeare! He's a card!

Though if we think about it maybe Sean was just refering to this thread?

Anyway, thanks again Reboot, I'm no longer worried

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry! I didn't realize how I posted that... Scott's been around, but just not on this thread.

That's basically what I was trying to say; since you two 50/50'd the last answer, and hasn't gotten to it, I figure you have just as much right to go ahead, Bel.

Mea culpa.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Which film based on a graphic novel involving a terrorist in London has had it's release date put back from Nov 4th to next year due to "post production" issues? Nothing to do with recent troubles here in the Olde Smoke of course, no, really.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
That'll be V For Vendetta.

With Hugo Weaving and a skinheaded Natalie Portman.

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

yup, easypeasie! Your go Ken

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If Numfie wants to jump in this question can be passed over:

Lance Henriksen was originally cast as the villain and Arnold Schwarzenegger as the hero. What was the movie?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
The Terminator

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's the one Jamie. Schwarzenegger thought he'd make a better villain, thus was born the Gubenator.

You're up.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Okay, here's one:

What does HAL stand for?

Jamie
Thanks for the reminder, Quis.

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Never saw 2001, so I don't know. However, the letters "HAL" are the letters just before "IBM" which stand for International Business Machine

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

That's another little bit of trivia. Clarke claims that was coincedence and not his intent when using the acronym.

[Smile]

Jamie

Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Bugger - I saw this recently (in a comic book?)and can't for the life of me remember.

Sorry.

But I think the A is Algorithm.

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

One view is Human- Artificial- Lifeform, certainly when the film first came out this was what the popular press said, but Clarke himself said it was Heuristic ALgorithmic. No idea what Heyristic is though [Confused] Come to think of it Algorthms are a mystery to me too [Smile]

--------------------

Stratum
Booster Club President

I was looking for Clark's definition. You're up Harbrhino.

Jamie

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.