Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
He goes from flabby to muscular?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ugh! Would it help if I mentioned there's another villain on the cover, too?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
He meets robot-Brainiac for the first time?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
He meets robot-Brainiac for the first time?

Aw, close enough! The death of Ardora (and Lex, Jr. and all of Lexor) occurred in Action Comics #544. Here's the cover:

-

As you can see, this 45th Anniversary issue featured makeovers for Luthor and Brainiac. For Luthor it was the first appearance of his (in?)famous warsuit. For Brainiac, it was the first appearance of his robotic permutation.

Both characters starred in separate stories with Superman featuring their new designs. The Luthor story revisited Lexor for the first time since it appeared nearly 20 years prior in two 2-parters in Action 318-319 and Superman 167-168.

In Action 544, Lex is defeated by Superman one too many times and decides to return to Lexor where he's discovered that Ardora has bore him a child. He decides to retire from Earth once and for all, but a series of tragic events ends all of that. For a complete summary of what I feel is a remarkable comic and storyline for Luthor, look here. There are links to an Ardora article and summaries of the earlier stories to click on.

This was one of my favorite side-stories from the Silver Age and one I'd like to see revisited in some way. It certainly gave some depth in my mind to the S.A. Luthor. Interesting that Lexor was forgotten for nearly two decades prior to 544 in an era and comic book family that was known for building up that kind of mythology.

It had been a detail that had been bothering me for awhile. I read 544 long ago (but no longer have) and probably a reprint of one of the Silver Age stories, but I finally researched it when I saw my question was up. I coulda sworn Ardora was another "LL" though. Oh, well!

I'm giving the next one to Cobie because his answer was the most correct. Take it away, Cobester!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
A relatively easy one: DC has had a plethora of detective series throughout its long history. Which detective exclusively solved mysteries involving the ocean?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Captain Compass?

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yessir! You got it!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Why were Joker, Penguin, and Riddler once given access to the Flying Batcave?

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

There was a Flying Batcave?

Because they had tricked Batman into thinking they had reformed?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Hint:It involved the fearsome Bat-Hulk!

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Because they were the only ones who could stop the Bat-Hulk?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

It was the only way to save their lives from a super-angry Bat-Hulk?
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Because the Flying Batcave was a diversion.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Cobie is close, it could be stated that the three villains were under duress while operating the Flying Batcave...

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

They were also Hulked out?
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.