Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Limericks (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 90 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  88  89  90   
Author Topic: Limericks
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Polly walked to the grocery store
Cooking supper was such a bore
So she went
And money spent
At the take-out deli right next door.

NEXT: When I went fishing in a Zodiac

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
When I went fishing in a Zodiac,
soon I had read the latest almanac
I got Pices
cut to slices
by the trolling motor coming back.

NEXT:

Ne'er had been seen such large crowds,

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
When I went fishing in a Zodiac
I met a bear from Kodiak
He was mean
And I was green
so to the lodge, I went back.

NEXT:

A young lady from The South

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A young lady from the south
Saw a man as she came out.
At her ball,
he was tall
as the tales from his mouth.

Next:

Ne'er had been seen such large crowds,

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Ne'er had been seen such large crowds
to see an exhibition of shrouds
The showing was poor
There would have been more
Except for the gathering storm clouds.

NEXT:

A young lady fron The South

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Oh my.

either someone else can make a new limerick from my line or Tamper Lad, you can write a new opening line

--------------------

Tamper Lad

Causality loop, thread collapsing [Smile]

Here I'll reboot the thread.

Next:

There once was a dandy from Virgina.

[ August 31, 2005, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
There once was a dandy from Virginia
Who married a girl named Lavinia
She had money
So was his honey
But he loved many others. What a sin, ja?

NEXT (hee hee!): Causality loop, thread collapsing

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Causality loop, thread collapsing
Our sense of timing lapsing
Don't know who
will go after you
Deja vu! are we relapsing?

NEXT:

A virile young man from Daxam

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A virile young man from Daxam
Lived every day by this maxim:
"Protect the weak,
The mild and the meek,
And defend 'em when someone attacks 'em."

Next:
I crossed a rabbit with a squirrel

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"I crossed a rabbit with a squirrel."
said my wife's cousin Earl.
"And isn't it quite funny
to see the Easter bunny
Hide his nuts in the basket of a girl."

NEXT:

I once knew a great Jazz singer.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I once knew a great Jazz singer
A voice like Ella's - a dead ringer
Wow o wow
She's the cat's meow
I suppose you want this line to be a zinger.

NEXT:

Nothing is worse than writer's block

--------------------

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing is worse than writer's block
To get started you need a shock
So once an hour
Take a cold shower
That's sure to nudge your bio clock.

NEXT:

With pen in hand, I bequeath thee

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
With pen in hand, I bequeath thee
The Persian carpet beneath thee
A table and chairs
The lamp up the stairs
And the suit in which I did meet thee.

Next:
A Highlander wearing a kilt

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

A highlander wearing a kilt
guided me with his claymore's hilt
as he screamed Cha geill,
with pen he would draw
a lovely thistle 'fore fall's wilt.

(cha geill is pronounced KAY YAW, and the thistle is the national flower of Scotland)

NEXT
There once was a President from Texas.

This topic comprises 90 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  88  89  90   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.