Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
c. 3001, Arthur C Clarke

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with my favorite writer of the group who is sci-fi....
a. Prelude to Foundation, Isaac Asimov

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Ram Man - I'm totally in love with the Valor series (there are 4 books now) and I don't usually go for the military in space genre. I finished reading Valor's Trial though in the Starbucks attached to the Borders on the day I bought the book in Borders, which was not recently.

3001 was eye-opening and I think the late Sir Clarke projected a very believable atmosphere (pun not intended) in the book. I read it the year it was released which was IIRC 2001 or thereabouts, so no, not that recent.

Believe it or not, Asimov bores me, although I will read him if there's nothing better available. I haven't even gotten as far as Prelude yet though (I'm still stuck on the 3rd book and that's gathering dust...)

quote:
Originally posted by Novelty:
Poor Tucker, he gets no love.

Which Sci-Fi book did I just finish reading?

a. Prelude to Foundation, Isaac Asimov
b. Mercury, Ben Bova
c. 3001, Arthur C Clarke
d. The Forever Man, Gordon R. Dickson
e. Plague Moon, Christopher Evans
f. The Dance of Time, Eric Flint
g. American Gods, Neil Gaiman
h. Valor's Trial, Tanya Huff
i. Dark is the Moon, Ian Irvine
j. Crossroad of Twilight, Robert Jordan
k. Sixty Days and Counting, Kim Stanley Robinson

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
g. American Gods, Neil Gaiman

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
b. Mercury, Ben Bova
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Ben Bova has a whole series of books based on the names of the planets. I bought Mercury ages ago, but haven't had the chance to read him yet.

Nice pick, Quis, Gaiman also writes Sci-Fi books as well. I'm not a huge fan of his comic works though, so I decided to pass on his non-graphical works as well for the time being.

So no to both.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

e. Plague Moon, Christopher Evans

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

k. Sixty Days and Counting, Kim Stanley Robinson
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

I picked Christopher Evans out from Wikipedia to fill in that slot, so that's not it.

I am a huge fan of Mr. Robinson though, ever since his popular Mars trilogy captured my imagination with is weird mix of science in a mainstream novel. Sixty Days is Book 3 of the series and follows Fourty Signs of Rain and Fifty Degrees and Rising. The series still has some real world science (mostly earth sciences), but since it's set in Washington DC, there's a lot more political science and drama (and fiction) than I'm accostomed to in a sci-fi book. It was a great read though (although the characters seem to speak way too similiarly for the novel to be believable) and indeed was the last sci-fi book I read (a few hours before posting the question).

So take it away deddy, and Merry Christmas to all! Happy Festivus/Hanukkah/Kwazaa/Yule/holidays!

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

I haven't read those books but they sound interesting, I'll have to check them out.

What awesome news did I get this year for christmas?

a. I'm going to be a Dad!!!!!
b. I won the Oil Barons Dream home lotto
c. I was awarded a full scholorship for my engineering upgrading
d. My sister Krista is pregnant
e. My in-laws are buying me a skidoo for passing my certifaction exams
f. I got a job offer from one of the oil companies here
g. My old band mates are back in town and looking to rock out

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

d. My sister Krista is pregnant

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
a. I'm going to be a Dad!!!!!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

HWW...I wish, we've been trying but no luck yet.

Quis, you got it. She's known for a couple of weeks now, but announced it to the family over christmas

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I thought a. was too obvious, although it was a good pssibility. Congrats to your sister.

A question from me in a bit.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

OK, which of the following did not happen on my Christmas?

1. Had a crying baby sit behind me
2. Had a handsome man sit next to me
3. Heard about a bus flipping over
4. Told to board one train and then have to get off
5. Saw sidewalk chalk shaped like vegetables
6. Collected trash
7. Got some coal
8. Encountered locked doors to the stairs from the train platform

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.