Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
High atop the bookcase in my office are several items. Some are purely ornamental, some are more meaningful and some are both. On top of there you will NOT find -

a) a ship in a bottle
b) a small marble replica of the statue of David
c) a chalice
d) a cast iron buffalo
e) various art prints
f) an Elvis Presley doll
g) a teddy bear
h) dust
i) a small bust of Beethoven
j) a gold ring
k) framed vintage postcards
l) a porcelain horse
m) a lattice vase

e) various art prints

Also Novelty guessed j) A gold ring on the previous page.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
j) The gold ring belonged to my father and yes, it's up there.

e) The three small prints are:

- sheep grazing in front of a white farm house. Can't make out the sig.

- a small print that we bought from the artist (McLauchlin) while camping in Canada.

- and the most meaningful, a print of Steve Walker's Requiem

-

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
k) framed vintage postcards

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Sorry, Novelty. They're three postcards from the early twentieth century with illustrations of Chicago landmarks. One, from 1911, has a message in which someone is trying to get their brother in Kalamazoo, MI to contact their ma who is "worried something awful". Hope he did.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
g) a teddy bear

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
h) dust

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
i) a small bust of Beethoven

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Ram Boy
Active

g) His name is Tucker. I used to tuck him into my partner's suitcase whenever he left town on business or to visit family. That is, until my partner told me to please knock it off. No longer a chaperon, Tucker is currently enjoying his retirement on top of the bookcase...

h)...where he's a little dusty...

i)...but doesn't have to share the view with Beethoven's bust.

You're next, Novelty.

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Poor Tucker, he gets no love.

Which Sci-Fi book did I just finish reading?

a. Prelude to Foundation, Isaac Asimov
b. Mercury, Ben Bova
c. 3001, Arthur C Clarke
d. The Forever Man, Gordon R. Dickson
e. Plague Moon, Christopher Evans
f. The Dance of Time, Eric Flint
g. American Gods, Neil Gaiman
h. Valor's Trial, Tanya Huff
i. Dark is the Moon, Ian Irvine
j. Crossroad of Twilight, Robert Jordan
k. Sixty Days and Counting, Kim Stanley Robinson

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i. Dark is the Moon, Ian Irvine, because i was the answer to the last question.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

f. The Dance of Time, Eric Flint

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Believe it or not Dark is the Moon is a fantasy title and not a sci-fi one. And no, that's not the book.

I've been meaning to read Eric Flint one of these days - most of his works are available at his baen online library (and get this!) - FOR FREE - but I figured it could wait until I have the time, so that's not it either.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

d. The Forever Man, Gordon R. Dickson

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

That's one of my favourite Sci-Fi books ever written Quis. I first read it over 20 years ago, and have read it at least three times since, but not recently, so that's not it.

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

h) Valor's Trial by Tanya Huff. The Legion reference caught my attention. So maybe it caught yours, too?
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.