Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Bierce was featured as a detective in a novel "Ambrose Bierce and the Queen of Spades". You, of course, are famous for the Queen of Diamonds. But the only Queen I can think of to connect Wieringo with is when he drew Insect Queen in the Amalgam comics.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
Probably not the right answer (unless someone hasn't told me something I should know yet).

Wait for it.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that's a very good connection between me and Bierce. Especially since the Queen of Diamonds is (visually) also based on me. Unfortunately it's not the right answer.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Same birthday: June 24. (Happy birthday, by the way.)

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep, simple as that. Midsummer's Day as well (at least in Europe). Plus, I'm not 30 until seven o'clock in the morning. [Wink]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
30?! You geezer! (I passed 30 some time ago.)

NEXT TRIAD:

"Room 222"
Blondie
The Go-Go's

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If Blondie the band then it must be the Valentine connection.

Karen Valentine - Room 222
Kathy Valentine - Go-Go's
Valentine - Blondie (was a guitarist but can't recall his first name)

[ June 23, 2006, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

That went quick. Gary Valentine was Blondie's original bass player (either that, or her boyfriend before Dagwood, I can't remember which. [Wink] )

Yerrup, Scott!

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

I had actually posted asking you which Blondie you meant, Dagwood or Harry before I remembered Kathy in the Go-Go's. That's what made it click.

Here's another Presidential one, probably easy.

John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
James Monroe

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
They are the first 3 presidents whom the number of their presidency is a prime number?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

While that may be true it isn't the answer I'm looking for. Good one though. [Smile]
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
They all died on the Fourth of July?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

That's it RL. Adams and Jefferson even died on the same 4th, in 1826. Guess that would be a Duo Damsel question.

To you my fine feathered friend.

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you.

Edward I of England
Barbra Streisand
Alan Scott

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

All were married twice.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.