Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Cartoon Trivia (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Cartoon Trivia
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Calypso was Jacques Cousteau's ship

I think I'll need a hint

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
'Calypso' is actually extremely close in sound to the name of the ship we're looking for.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought so.

Hmmmm....... Their ship wouldn't have been the Cousteau, would it?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Nope. Even closer in sound than that.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
"Callisto"?
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

No.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The Crisco?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Yeah, that's it. It was the Crisco. And every episode, the scientists would grease themselves up and service Godzooky. I don't know how they got that past the Saturday morning censors.

If we're going to do this according to the sound of the word, 'Callisto' and 'Calypso' are equally close in sound. 'Cousteau' and 'Crisco' rather further away. And the name we're looking for is associated with the animal kingdom, but is not itself the name of an animal.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Crustacean?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

No.

By the way, did anyone watch this show? Am I the only one who remembers it?

"Up from the depths
Thirty stories high..."

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Matthew,

I never really watched the show, but I do remember it. The theme song is very memorable.

[Band] ...and Godzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuki!

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Calico?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Finally!

'Calico' is correct.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

lancesrealm
amiable

Ok..ummm...about the only cartoons I watch anymore are kid's shows, so...

On "Clifford the Big Red Dog," what is Emily Elizabeth's last name?

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Howard, I believe. Because her love made Clifford grow so big that the Howards had to leave their home, according to the theme.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.