Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Cartoon Trivia (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Cartoon Trivia
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, that is half of it. I might as well give it to you.

He tried to save Little Red Riding Hood. He tries to warn her about the wolf in a scat song.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's right! "The better to eat you with..."

Keeping with the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies theme, what was the name of the diminutive gangster who disguised himself as an infant to hide in Bugs Bunny's hole?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Baby Face Fenster

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Oh dear, I do believe I have forgotten my fudge!"

That is correct.

Back up to you, Quis.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Gee! I better come up with a question to stump Rockhopper Lad or people will think we are in collusion.

Hmmmm........

OK. In the Bugs Bunny cartoon where he tries to help a little penguin go home, where was the penguin's birthplace?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

"Hoboken??? Oooh! I'm dyyyin'!!!"

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

"Pen-goo-ins taste just like chicken!"

"Pardon me, but could you help a fellow American down on his luck?"

I guess I couldn't stump you with a penguin question could I?

[ April 26, 2006, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Probably not.

Okay, we'll change this a bit.

An instrumental version of what song served as the opening theme of Davey and Goliath?

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
'Sympathy for the Devil'.

Just kidding.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I can hear in my mind the dah-dah-dut-dut-dut dut-dut-dut-dah.

Total guess is "Near my God to Thee".

Now I'll go google the answer.

And I was wrong

[ April 27, 2006, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I'll give a hint which will either make a dead giveaway or will be of no help at all: The show was produced by Lutherans.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I knew the show was produced by the Lutherans and that wouldn't have helped me guess the song. I suspect that if you are Lutheran then that clue will be a dead giveaway.

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, then, serious guess: 'A Mighty Fortress'?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Matthew is correct. "A Mighty Fortress" was the theme song. The song is attributed to Martin Luther and, in certain musical circles, is very much associated with Lutheranism.

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Holy moley. I didn't really expect to be right. I don't know a freaking thing about Lutheranism.

Okay, next question. On the old cartoon 'Godzilla' (you know, the one featuring Godzooky the baby godzilla), the characters traveled around the seven seas on a research ship. What was the name of the ship?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.