Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Cartoon Trivia (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Cartoon Trivia
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Pole Position is right.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
What was the name of Green Lantern's alien sidekick in the old '60's toon?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't he have blue skin? Kyto or Kyro, something like that.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe it was Kiro, a little blue guy who served the same story role as Lois Lane--get in trouble and scream for help a lot.
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I've seen it spelled a couple of different ways, but Lightning lad got it -- "Kyro" fits the bill!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, here's a quick one since I haven't been able to come up with something good this week.

What was the name of the wizard in Fantasia?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I seem to remember reading that it was supposed to be "Yensid Tlaw" ("Walt Disney" in Zatanna-speak [Wink] ).

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

That's the anser I was looking for BRM!
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay me!

The next question concerns the Warner Bros cartoons of the Golden Age.
In the long-running conflict between Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny, on those occasions when Elmer believed he had succeeded in killing Bugs, he almost always regretted it instantly.
I can think of one cartoon where Elmer actually enjoyed his (apparent) victory, for the few seconds before he realized that Bugs was still alive.
Name the cartoon, or at least descibe it in sufficient detail for sure identification.

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, he was pretty pumped in the opera spoof when he "killed da wabbit." Is that the one you mean?
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Nope, Elmer really does win in What's Opera, Doc?
And he's blubbering like a baby as he carries Bugs's body towards Valhalla.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't remember the name, but is it the one where Bugs (supposedly in his hole and out of sight) goes "I'm kicking the bucket, Doc." Literally kicks a bucket behind Elmer. Elmer goes "Hurray! The Rabbit kicked the bucket." Bugs then grabs Elmer's hands and they dance around singing "The Rabbit kicked the bucket! The Rabbit kicked the bucket!" As Elmer wises up Bugs does give the line "The bucket kicked the Rabbit."

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
We have a winner!

The business Quislet, Esq describes occurs near the beginning of Robot Rabbit. Elmer is trying to stop Bugs from raiding his vegetable garden, and calls Acme Pest Control for help. They send him a robot exterminator "with an ewectwonic bwain" and the bulk of the cartoon consists of Bugs clashing with the robot.

Over to Quislet, Esq.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK. Warner Brothers also did a series of cartoons where the characters of books and magazines came to life. In one, Daffy Duck makes an appearance. The question is what song did Daffy sing and which character did Daffy try to save?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember he was doing a Danny Kaye character and was singing "Nothing could be feena than to be in Caroleena in the morrrrr-nink."

Whom does he try to save? Hmmm. I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.