Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  133  134  135   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
l. Eggplant parmesan

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Novelty:
It's interesting how no one was going to answer quarterback. I would have been confused if there was a "tight end" option instead of quarterback option [Smile]

What's my favourite italian food?
a. Plain cheese pizza
b. Pizza with everything
c. Pepperoni pizza
d. Spaghetti Bolognaise
e. Lasagna
g. Fettucini carbonara
h. Spaghetti meatballs
i. Mac and cheese
j. Ravioli
k. Baked ziti
l. Eggplant parmesan
m. Tiramisu

k. Baked ziti

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Ravioli, we love ravioli...

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, KK, no phallic vegetables for me (although Quis might like them) and it's not baked ziti as well.

LB, Spaghetti bolognaise... mmmm... but not my favourite... what I do like is ravioli... so take it away with the next question Kid Q!

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay. Many, many, many years ago I submitted a Legion comic story script and artwork to DC Comics in hopes of launching a comic book creating career. What was the response I received?

a) A "thanks but no thanks" note on DC letterhead from Editor Julie Schwartz.

b) A kind response from Writer Paul Levitz with a sample script of his early writing enclosed.

c) A nice response and letter-size pencilled illustration from Superboy cover Artist Nick Cardy of my favorite Legionnaire, Colossal Boy.

d) A detailed account of what DC Comics looks for in an artist/writer by Editor KC Carlson and encouragement to buy "How to Draw Comics" and submit again later.

e) A full time job offer as an artist under the pen name "Sterenko".

f) A restraining order.

g) My package was returned after a few weeks unopened.

h) No response. Nothing. Nada. (cricket chirping sounds).

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
h) No response. Nothing. Nada. (cricket chirping sounds).

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

"h" is not the correct answer. Too bad for me it wasn't, or I could have spent a lot of daydreaming time of my youth more productively.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
d) A detailed account of what DC Comics looks for in an artist/writer by Editor KC Carlson and encouragement to buy "How to Draw Comics" and submit again later.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
a) A "thanks but no thanks" note on DC letterhead from Editor Julie Schwartz.

[I'll be away for a week, so if I get this right, KQ gets another go [Smile] ]

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
g) My package was returned after a few weeks unopened

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

c) A nice response and letter-size pencilled illustration from Superboy cover Artist Nick Cardy of my favorite Legionnaire, Colossal Boy.

--------------------

Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Answers "d", "a", "g", and "c" are all incorrect, although I would have loved to have gotten an illustration from Nick Cardy!

The remaining choices are "b", "e", and "f"

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

b) A kind response from Writer Paul Levitz with a sample script of his early writing enclosed.

--------------------

Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Yes, "b" is the correct answer. I was very surprised to receive a package in the mail almost the size of the one I sent to DC. Inside was a great letter of encouragement from Paul Levitz who obviously took time from his busy schedule to look over everything I sent in and comment on it. I thought then (as I do now) that Mr. Levitz was a great writer for the Legion, but his personal letter to me also sold me that he is a class act as well. By-the-by, he included a short story script about a Dungeon & Dragons type adventure (with elves) he wrote pre-Legion. I still have it stored with my comics!

On to you, Mr. Esquire...

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Yesterday I picked my brother and his partner up at the airport, from where were they returning from?

1) Paris, France
2) Paris, Texas
3) San Francisco
4) London, England
5) London, Ontario, Canada
6) Amsterdam
7) West Palm Beach, Florida
8) Palm Springs, California
9) Singapore
10) Venezuela
11) Washington, DC
12) Eygpt

--------------------

This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  133  134  135   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.