Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Trivia 4 (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: Legion Trivia 4
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It's in Archive #2.

That's pretty impressive, lance, but not quite right. You have four of the five characters I was looking for. One character that you have right is mismatched with who he portrayed (which isn't really part of the question, but might provide a clue). Carefully reading the question might help.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Proty II was actually werewolf Olsen, I think. I don't remember which one Chameleon Boy was, but he was there. The other three were Bouncing Boy , Cosmic Boy and Colossal Boy.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Xben has it. Chameleon Boy was actually Elastic Lad. I believe this story was actually the first appearance of Proty II.

While lance was right that Mon-El played the Controller, the alien who kidnaps Jimmy in the story, that wasn't actually one of Jimmy's transformations.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, I forgot about Elastic Olsen. I thought that Proty II was involved, but I couldn't remember who he was.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Back in the Adventures days, name two missions or tasks that Brainiac 5 thought Saturn Girl should be excluded from doing because she was a girl.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, the famous "Too dangerous for a girl" after which Mart named his blog!
dangermart.blogspot.com
(at the very bottom of the page is the panel where B5 actually says the phrase)

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I recall both stories, though I don't recall specific issue numbers.

The first, I think, was when the team had to fight Jungle King and his Legion of Super-Monsters. In this instance, Saturn Girl relented.

The other I can think of is the infamous 'Planetary Chance Machine' issue, where the Legion was selecting team members to break into a guarded citadel. Saturn Girl resented the notion this time and insisted on her proper place on the team.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

You've got them both, Future (at least, both of the ones I'm aware of). Especially amusing since it came during Saturn Girl's term as Legion leader. Perhaps could have imagined hearing it during Brainy's term as leader, if you wanted to take the character in that direction, but not when he was talking to his leader.

I'd like to see this get folded into a "Secret Origin" style retcon.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Future
The Present is Past

I think the only reason he could even try to dismiss Saturn Girl the second time was, as first bonked by a planet, Brainy was 'mission leader'. It is pretty laughable that in the Jungle King story he told his own leader to sit out.

Ferro Lad, Karate Kid, Nemesis Kid, and Princess Projectra are an example of a group of four or more joining the Legion simultaneously. You'd think that'd be rare!

...well, actually. It's not that rare. Name FOUR other 'groups of four or more' who joined the Legion, or a branch of the Legion, at the same time.

Eryk Davis Ester

The Levitz Five: Magnetic Kid, Sensor Girl, Tellus, Quislet, Polar Boy

The Khunds: Veilmist, Firefist, Bloodclaw, Flederweb

Postboot Draftees: XS, Chameleon, Leviathan, Kid Quantum, Invisible Kid

The Levitz Five, Part II: Harmonia, Comet Queen, Dragonwing, Chemical Kid, Glorith

Future
The Present is Past

You got four of the ones I was thinking of, EDE! Great job. Some others:

Team SW6 technically admitted Computo, Catspaw, Dragonmage, and the adult Chameleon Boy on the same day when they became officially sanctioned.

Gazelle, Night Girl, Sizzle, and Turtle joined different branches of the Threeboot Legion on the same day. Sun Boy rejoined that day too.

For acceptable stretches, Superboy, Supergirl, Star Boy, Dream Girl, and Bouncing Boy were all readmitted on the same day in the Adventure era.

Live Wire, XS, Element Lad, Ultra Boy, and M'Onel all joined or rejoined the Postboot team when the draft was abolished.

Your go, Eryk.

Eryk Davis Ester

I almost used the SW6 one, but wasn't completely sure Cham joined at the same time as the others.

Depending on what counts as a "branch" of the Legion, the formation of either the Subs, the Subs II, or the Super-Pets could count as well, though I figured those might be stretches.

Future
The Present is Past

It's admittedly a little vague. The only thing I have to go by is Cham joined the kids the same issue they set up their new HQ. The meeting therein once it was rebuilt introduced Danielle and the others to the SW6ers (as if they hadn't been hanging around already helping them rebuild) so I'd like to count that as induction day.

Very truthful. I included the "branch" term to help include the Threeboot Auxiliary and even the Subs if need be. I wasn't going to be too picky. There's a surprising amount of mass inductions on the teams.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
The Postboot Legion rarely had members join solo, too. I think before DNA, only Ferro, Monstress and Thunder joined by themselves - all the others joined in pairs, trios or groups.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Spark also joined solo. And Superboy (Kon-El, not that he had that name yet), if you consider him a member (I do).

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.