Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's it.

Gary was founded in 1905 (the largest city in the US founded in the 20th Century)
Bellaire, a suburb of Houston (about three miles from my house) in 1907.
Brasilia was founded as the new capital of Brazil in 1960.

Back over to you, Quis.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just a minor correction. Gary was founded in 1906. One of the jokes in The Music Man is that Professor Hill graduated from Gary Conservatory in 1905, which he couldn't have.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled trivia.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I sit corrected. I was going by memory and couldn't remember if it was "ought five" when he claimed to have graduated or when the place was founded. Marian the Librarian would be ashamed of me. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm I probably won't be here tomorrow. So should I wait or make one real easy.

I'll go with real easy:

Saturn Girl
Cosmic Boy
Lightning Boy

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I assume you're going for 'three original Legionnaires'.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
On the assumption that this was Quislet Esq's intention, here's my next question. I take it back if he had something else in mind:

Blok
White Witch
Spider Girl

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
All were villains before joining the Legion?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

That's it. Go ahead.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok...another Legion one...

Ultra Boy
Star Boy
Colossal Boy

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Three male Legionnaires, whose codenames end with 'Boy', whose real first names are variants of common 21st-century-English first names?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
All three joined before the Legion got its own series in ADVENTURE.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

No...there is something that is true about these 3, that I don't think is true of any other Legionnaire.
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

All three received their superpowers through random space phenomena (Ultra Boy: space dragon, Star Boy: tail of a comet, Colossal Boy: meteor)?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

lancesrealm
amiable

Goog guess Matt, but not what I was going for.

hint: it has to do with wrongdoings each supposedly committed.

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Each was expelled from the Legion temporarily. Star Boy for killing Kenz Nuhor, Colossal Boy for telling Legion secrets to Tarik the Mute, and Ultra Boy for supposedly hiding a criminal past as a space pirate (ADV 316).

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.