Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Teen Titans Trivia (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 85 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  83  84  85   
Author Topic: Teen Titans Trivia
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim, are you referring to the fact that all of the bad guys were horsemen?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
You're on the right track but there's more to it than that.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Dammit Jim! I'm a doctor, not a comic-book geek! Oh, wait a minute...
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I'm about to split and won't be back here until Monday, so I'll spill the beans and give Lance the next question.

In both stories, the heroes faced each of 4 legendary horsemen, one at a time, each of whom rode a different colored horse and carried a different weapon. 3 of the horse colors were even the same (red, yellow, black) and 2 of the weapons were too (sword, torch). Okay, in the 2nd story it was crooks disguised as legendary horsemen, but you get the drift.

I wonder if this reprinted story was chosen specifically for this reason. It's hard to believe the powers that be of the day had that much on the ball, but why else would they reprint a Superboy/Green Arrow story in a Teen Titans comic?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Jim, I suspect the Titans story was cannibalized from the Green Arrow story. This would explain the similarities.

Back with a Titans question as soon as I steal one from earlier in the thread...

lancesrealm
amiable

OK, here we go...

When Beast Boy first tried to join the Teen Titans, he was not allowed to join. Why not?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
His guardian refused to give his permission.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

That's it, Quis. I picked this issue (TT #6, I think) up cheap last weekend. Your question, sir.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, I picked up the Showcase Presents: the Teen Titans.

In the first appearance, Robin, Kid Flash, & Aqualad fight Mr. Twister. Mr. Twister was making a demand on the town of Happy Harbor. What was the specific demand and what was to be the replacement if the specific demand was not met?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
By the terms of the original contract with Twister's ancestor, the town had to give him a passenger pigeon feather every year.

If that was not supplied, the town had to provide "a youth" for a year's service to him. By the time Twister showed up, a LOT of feathers or kids were owed since the last payment.

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Yep, that's it. Also the story mentions the fact that the passenger pigeon became extinct in 1912.

Your question Calybos

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Okay, here's a trick question: In an early adventure, the Titans met a displaced-in-time youth known as the "Million Year-Old Teenager."

What was his name?

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Gnaark?
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Garn

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Quislet's got it; he took a more modern name too (which I forget--Hans something?).

Gnaark was the distraction; he's the Titans' most FAMOUS caveman associate, but not the "Million Year-Old Teenager."

This topic comprises 85 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  83  84  85   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.