Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name Three (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  111  112  113   
Author Topic: Name Three
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
[QB]The Edge of Night is the one the morphed out of Perry Mason.[QB]

yes. I thought that was the one we were talking about. my bad.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
To repeat on this page:

Name three soap operas that ran for 25 years or more and were cancelled:

We already have:
Another World (1964-99)
The Edge of Night (1956-84)

The title of the other I know of had a complete sentence as its title and ran for 35 years on CBS and NBC.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK I did look this up. The final one is "Search for Tomorrow" running from 1951 to 1986

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah and name 3 Public Domain characters.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
John Wellington Wells from The Sorceror
Sir Joseph Porter from H.M.S. Pinafore
Major-General Stanley from The Pirates of Penzance
(all of the relevant copyrights have expired)

While I'm thinking of G&S:
Name the 3 Gilbert & Sullivan collaborations whose titles are also the names of their respective female romantic leads.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

You'll be lucky if we can name three Gilbert & Sullivan collaborations without looking for answers.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
OOOPS! [Embarrassed]

I just realized that my challenge is invalid!
(I was thinking of Patience, Iolanthe, and Princess Ida, but the female romantic lead in Iolanthe is actually Phyllis!)

New Challenge:

Name 3 characters voiced by June Foray (preferably from 3 different cartoon series).

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Rocket J Squirrel
and um.. and um... oh darn.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Rocket J. Squirrel
Granny (Tweety and Sylvester)
Witch Hazel (Bugs Bunny--technically a different series of cartoons than T & S)

Name three US Presidents inaugurated before age 50.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

John F Kennedy
Bill Clinton
Theodore Roosevelt

Now, I'll go check to see if I am correct.

And I was correct.

Kennedy was born in 1917 and began his presidency in 1961, dying in 1963, before he reached age 50.

Clinton was born in 1946 and began his presidency in 1993, thus under 50 years of age when he started.

and T. Roosevelt was 43 when he became president.

Source of info White House biography site

So name 3 characters Casey Kasem provided the voice for.

[ November 07, 2006, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Robin in Super Friends
Alexander Cabot III in Josie and the Pussycats
Shaggy in Scooby-Doo

Name three moons (not counting our own) that are not named for Graeco-Roman gods.

[ November 07, 2006, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Rocket J. Squirrel
Granny (Tweety and Sylvester)
Witch Hazel (Bugs Bunny--technically a different series of cartoons than T & S)

Acceptable; I was thinking of Rocket J, Granny, and Magica DeSpell from DuckTales (who had basically the same voice as Natasha Fatale).
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Miranda, Oberon, Umbriel.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Eryk,

I checked and you are correct.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Robin in Super Friends
Alexander Cabot III in Josie and the Pussycats
Shaggy in Scooby-Doo

Name three moons (not counting our own) that are not named for Graeco-Roman gods.

Not to interrupt the game, but what is the official name of our moon?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  111  112  113   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.