Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Sci-Fi Trivia Game... (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Sci-Fi Trivia Game...
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Which Samuel Delany novel focused on the main character's final decision to have a sex change in order to find love?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
The really annoying thing about this question is I'm positive I've read it - and found it rather disturbing too if memory serves me correctly.

Any clues?

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'm trying to think of a good one. I promise I'll post by tomorrow morning with it. Don't know how much longer I'll have the PC tonight.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

The main character immigrated to a world (the original title of the book) that was at war with Earth.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Okay, maybe too out there for some. Here is the last hint then I'll give the answer and post a television or movie related sci-fi question if no one gets it.

The main character was said to be a "happily reasonable man" and was named Bron Helstrom.

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
TRITON!!!!!(wasn't it?) I can't believe it took so blinkin' long to remember it!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

That's the one Belinda! I have a feeling we are the only two people on the board who have ever read the book.

Now, let's have a stumper from you. [Big Grin]

Harbinger
Advisor

Ok, so in which book does Arnie Kott and his union control Mars’ entire water supply?

I'll post clues in a day or two if no-one gets it

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

How about another clue for the masses Belinda before I toss in my guess?
Harbinger
Advisor

It features a colony on Mars, schizophrenia, black market operations, strange visions of the future, autism, real estate schemes, adultery and...time slips.

If anyone (other than Scott) has read this book you will definitely guess it after that!

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Okay Scott, tell them what it is then. I can't give anymore hints after that last one, I practically gave you the title.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Philip K. Dick's Martian Time-Slip. Which I found to be more of an interesting human study than sci-fi but Dick's books were like that for me.
Harbinger
Advisor

You got it Scott! And I have to agree his character plotlines were a lot better than his science - in this story anyway.

You're next LL!

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Thanks B!

This one may be a gimme as I have probably mentioned it before.

What classic sci-fi television series has close ties to what large religion?

[edit note: making the distinction that this is a television series]

[ October 19, 2004, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
All I can think is Hubbard's Dianetics. But, having never read it, I have no idea.

Sorry, I more the fantasy end of the spectrum than the techy sci-fi.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.