Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
They all had their names changed when they appeared in other media?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Nope and nope.

And to save anyone from having to flick back a page:

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Trying something different here - find the connection between these characters:

Robert Bruce Banner, Wendell Vaughn, Warren Worthington, Barbara Gordon.

[As a mild hint, what I'm thinking of doesn't only apply to these four, they're just examples of the phenomenon]

Another character who'd fit the set would be Johnny Blaze.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Let's see if I can put this in words: They are all examples of characters who took on the "mantle" / " moniker" of an identity that was once used by someone else (not replacing them purposely as often the characters don't realize someone else used it prior); they then become the definitive version of that identity. Matt Murdock would fit in this group.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
(double post)
From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Definitely close enough - for the record, I had it phrased as "characters who took on the codename of an earlier-by-publication character in the same universe, but who had nothing to do with their predecessor". The only real difference is that I wouldn't have counted Matt Murdock (since the GA Daredevil was from another publisher, and I'm not aware of a Timely/Atlas/Marvel DD created beforehand).

The previous Hulk, Quasar, Angel, Bat-Girl and Ghost Rider in question were later known as Xemnu the Titan, Neutron* (of the Imperial Guard), the Scourge of the Underworld (currently appearing as the GA Angel in Marvels Project), Flamebird and the Phantom Rider respectively. [*There was also a one-shot Iron Man villain called Quasar who has never appeared again.]

Your go Cobalt.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Awesome. I actually thought about that question in a work meeting yesterday. I'll follow the same style. Name the similiarity of the below characters other than they are Golden Age heroes published by companies that would become DC comics:

Tex Thompson / Green Lantern (Alan Scott) / Johnny Quick / Lt. Bob Neal

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
They all had fat, male, comedic sidekicks?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

That was quick! You got it!
Blacula
Easy

^^^ Only because I was recently thinking about Etta Candy's transformation from chubby, comedic "woot-woot" girl of the 1940s into the fit, take-charge, FBI-agent of modern Wonder Woman stories and that got me wondering about what happened to all the other fat supporting characters of that era.

Now I have to think of a question for you guys and dolls...

[ February 13, 2010, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to answer now and avoid the rush.

Weird War issue #43

That's my answer and I am sticking to it.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Someone will probably get this one in a heart-beat but anyway...

Whose arch-enemy is Roberto Rastapopoulos?

[ February 13, 2010, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

Blacula
Easy

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I'm going to answer now and avoid the rush.

Weird War issue #43

That's my answer and I am sticking to it.

How did you know Quis? My back-up question was going to be -

What comic's cover had a weird spectral skeleton playing chess with figurines representing GIs and Nazis?

[Wink]

[ February 13, 2010, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You know, I recognize the name because I have been checking out stuff on Don Marstons Toonipedia. So I know the genre the answer is from but I couldn't answer honestly without looking it up.
Reboot

It be Tintin.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Tintin it be.

You're up Reboot.

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.