Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name Three (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  111  112  113   
Author Topic: Name Three
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Secret Storm
One Life to Live
Days of Our Lives.

Will check to see if my guesses are correct.

Well sort of correct. All have run for more than 25 years, but two are still in production.

[ October 30, 2006, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, The Secret Storm only ran 20 years: from 1954-1974.

As far as I know, there are only three US soap operas that qualify as having at least 25 years and having been cancelled.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] I can count most of the time. [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
No problem. I've been known to post six-word posts in the "Inane Five-Word Post" thread at least twice. [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

see when you get beyond my fingers & toes, then I have a problem [Wink]

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
One Life to Live
Days of Our Lives
The Edge of Night

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

The Edge of Night (1956-84) is correct; however, as per above, Days and OLTL are still in production.

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no idea what's still on or not, and how long they've been running, but here are some guesses...

Edge of Night
As the World Turns
Guiding Light

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

As the World Turns and Guiding Light are still in production after 51 and 69 years, respectively (GL started out on the radio).

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Sixty-nine years! Wow. So, has Guiding Light maintained a consistent continuity in all that time? Did it flow seemlessly from the radio to television? Are events and characters from the early days still referenced occasionally today? Did they ever feel the need to create a cosmic event that rebooted the entire series to make it more accessible to new fans? That's got to be one of the longest continuously-told stories ever.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
It actually originated on radio as "the Adventures of Perry Mason," believe it or not; but as it built up its own original characters it phased out the PM cast.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

The Edge of Night is the one the morphed out of Perry Mason. Guiding Light originated on the radio in 1937.

Anyway, does anyone out there know the three soaps that lasted longer than 25 years and then were cancelled?

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Thought of another one which I think I've confirmed...

Another World

But can't think of any others

--------------------

The truth set me free

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Another World (1964-99)
The Edge of Night (1956-84)

And one more.

Here's a hint. Its title is a full sentence.

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Actually, after a glance at the wikipedia, I think I've found *two* others, one which I had heard of, and one which I had not

--------------------

The truth set me free

This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  111  112  113   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.