Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 127)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Again, another Amazon.com recommendation. Probably because I bought "Charlie Chan: the untold story of the honorable detective and his rendezvous with american history" Which was about the creation of the character and the real life Honolulu police detective who was the inspiration for the character. Since reading that book, I have watched a couple of Charlie Chan movies from Netflix. I should look to see if my library has copies of the original novels.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Keeping with the book theme, what book am I currently reading?

1) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2) Guns, Germs, and Steel
3) The Moral Landscape: How Science can Determine Human Values

4) Superman Archives volume 8
5) Elsie and Mairi go to War
6) Griftopia: Bubble Machines, Vampire Squids and the Long Con that is Breaking America
7) The Last Boy: Mickey Mantle and the End of America's Childhood

8) Alan's War
9) Keeper of the Keys: A Charlie Chan Mystery
10) An Introduction to Family Social Work

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
8) Alan's War

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
10) An Introduction to Family Social Work

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Alan's war was one book ago (actually two books ago now as I have finished the book in question) It was a memoir of World War II. It was told in illustrated form.

Introduction to Family Social Work is yet another Amazon.com recommendation.

Two left. One is the book, the other is the last of the Amazon.com recommendations.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
5) Elsie and Mairi go to War

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
And to finish the set -

Superman Archives Vol 8

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I have a couple of the Superman archives, but not volume 8.

Elsie & Mairi go to War is the book I was reading. It is about two women (Elsie 41 & Mairi 18) who join an ambulence crew in World War I. They end up manning a first aid station right on the front in Belgium. They would care for the wounded before sending them on to the hospital, bring hot soup and hot chocolate to the men in the trenches, and go looking for the wounded. The book also goes into what happened to them after the war.

Just to be clear, this is a historical book, not a novel.

Your question Novelty

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

You're reading way too many books about War, Quis.

Anyways, I decided to have a themed christmas tree this year. What's my theme?

A. Angels
B. Blue ornaments
C. real Cookies and Candy canes
D. Drums
E. Santas
F. Flowers
G. Gold and Glitter
H. Snowmen
I. Ice and snowflake-related ornaments
J. Red ornament
K. Reindeer
L. Ornaments made from Lego
M. Stars
N. Silver and white ornaments
O. Origami
P. strings of Pop-corn and Purple ornaments

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

I. Ice and snowflake-related ornaments
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

G. Gold and Glitter

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
J. Red Ornaments
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
L. Ornaments made from Lego
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

I wish I have enough time to make ornaments from Lego, but I don't. Maybe next year. This year, I'm creating my "Winter" scenery display from Lego though.

Red is a nice colour on the green tree and that was my second choice for the theme this year, but I didn't choose it.

Gold is one of the three gifts the wisemen brought to Bethlehem, but not something I'd like on my tree.

I saw this really interesting tree in the mall last week that was decorated with geometric white crystals. It feels a bit cold though...

Nope, nope, nope and nope. Guess again!

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Blue ornaments.
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.