Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 127)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Mota?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no idea, so I'll guess...Mazdan?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
rickshaw has it, the guy's name was Manfred Mota. He fought Jay as "Atom Smasher", Barry as "Professor Fallout" and Wally as "Fusionn" and finally John Fox in the 27th century in the Flash 50th Anniversary Special.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm. Okay, I don't know when I'll have a chance to get back here and wouldn't want to hold up the game, so next poster that wants to can throw out a question.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Ok - here's one:

Q: Which Moon Knight villain is an homage to "The Manchurian Candidate"?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Midnight?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Nope. I doubt anyone's going to get it at this point, but it was the Black Spectre. (from the classic Meonch/Seinkewicz run)

Anyone who wants to ask a question should go for it. [Smile]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Name at least three Barons Zemo [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Baron Zemo, Baron Zemo II, & Baron Zemo III [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Baron Zemo, Baron Zemo II, & Baron Zemo III [Wink]

There's a generally understood compact with these things that the answer isn't in the question in plaintext [Razz] (Besides, that's not even the form they use - it's "(name), Nth Baron Zemo"!)

First name be the important thing.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I thought the [Wink] would let you know I was joking with that answer. I knew that I didn't know any of them without resorting to Wikipedia.

--------------------

Reboot

Yeah, I knew (hence my [Razz] ), but I thought I'd nip it in the bud before it went any further [Smile]

--------------------

Reboot

Okay, presuming everyone knows the main (last) two, for a third, you have two places to look - the Avengers/Thunderbolts mini for the first Baron, and the Zemo: Born Better mini for the rest [Smile]

--------------------

Reboot

One last clue - every single one of them begins with "H"

--------------------

Reboot

Anyone here from outta town? Anyone here from in-town? Anyone here?

Gee, tough crowd. [Wink]

For the record, the full list is:
1) Harbin
2) Hademar
3) Heller
4) Herbert
5) Helmuth
6) Hackett
7) Hartwig
8) Hilliard
9) Hoffman
10) Hobart
11) Hermen
12) Heinrich
13) Helmut

Next question's open to whoever wants it.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.