Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » I'm thinking of a LEGION CHARACTER! (Page 125)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  ...  133  134  135   
Author Topic: I'm thinking of a LEGION CHARACTER!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
^ Even in battle, most of them just wound up getting their @sses kicked. I think only XS had significant panel time.

Anyway, just confirming that Reboot did indeed get this round. over to you Boot!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't that the story with Particon and Radion as members of the Amazers?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I think that was Legion of the Damned/Widening Rifts actually - certainly for Particon. Radion.... well, writers kept getting Radion and Atom'X mixed up for some reason (Legends of the Legion: Star Boy did it too - and in flashback, so there was no excuse. Namechecking Radion as an Amazer in Starman #49-50 might have been an editorial correction though, since Atom'X was "dead" by that point). I don't think the Amazers were anywhere near the GL arc, which bounced between Earth and where-Oa-once-was.

Anyway, there is a Legion character of which I am thinking.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

IIRC, the issue which showed Radion and Particon as Amazers was Starman 49-50, which guested Star Boy and Umbra alongside Jack Knight and Mikaal Tomas. The Amazers appeared briefly.

Legion of the Damned implied that Radion and Particon were still Amazers. They weren't seen again after that, though.

Did your Legion character exist in both the Preboot and the Postboot?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
To be fair, where Radion & Particon were left post-Workforce and with the Amazers losing Atom'X & Monstress after Mordru (not to mention KQ2 quitting not that much later), joining the Amazers was a perfectly reasonable direction for them. The only notable points are (1) that screw-up in LotL where Atom'X was called Radion and (2) the fact that neither appear with the Amazers in LSH #102.

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Did your Legion character exist in both the Preboot and the Postboot?

Nope.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Did your character exist in the postboot?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Yep.

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Is the character female?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

No

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Was your character a Legionnaire in the Postboot?

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
To be fair, where Radion & Particon were left post-Workforce (snip)

joining the Amazers was a perfectly reasonable direction for them.

I'd always felt that Particon would have made a decent Legionnaire. She had helpful energy powers (though ill-defined); besides the energy lance, I'm sure at least one panel showed her shooting energy bolts at Mordru, and Mysa mentioned that Particon helped deflect Mordru's final blast. She also performed well against Mordru, being the only non-Legionnaire besides Monstress who emerged uninjured (Blast-Off and Atom'x dead, Radion's face partially destroyed, Kid Q 2 and Dragonmage gravely injured, Mysa's magic spells not working properly).

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I really liked Particon but not as a Legionnaire.

A) because of the power lance (I am an originalist when it comes to the Legion Constitution haha);
B) because I like the idea of the Legion universe having a wealth of interesting and heroic characters that aren't necessarily Legionnaires (I am a BIG fan of both the Amazers and the Work Force if you couldn't tell); and
C) I feel the Legion was already crowded enough at that point - the writers started jamming way too many members onto the team way too quickly in the Reboot IMO - and she would have just taken attention away from all those other characters who were being neglected.

Re: the Green Lantern cross-over - I've just looked at the covers over on the Grand Comics Database. And who should I see front and center on one of them but the hated LeVIathan! [Mad] [Disgusting] I think I'll pass on tracking them down.

---

Back to the game - is your character from Earth?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

^ She didn't do much in the crossover. Spark, Comsic Boy, Ultra Boy, Live Wire and XS had much more panel time [Wink]

Re Particon, I was always under the impression that her lance was a manifestation of her innate powers. I can recall instances where her lance would appear out of nowhere, and I never saw a handle or anything that would indicate it was a piece of hardware.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

^ I always just assumed it was an external piece of hardware but it's been forever since I read those issues.

I must say though, that if she did have the power to summon/create those energy lances then that makes her 100 times cooler in my eyes.

I really like the idea of an energy caster who has to summon their energy in a specific form instead of just generic blasts (a la characters like Wildfire or the Lightning twins). I know Marvel has Psylocke and her energy knives but I can't think of any DC characters that can do it so it seems pretty unique to me.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

quote:
^ She didn't do much in the crossover. Spark, Comsic Boy, Ultra Boy, Live Wire and XS had much more panel time [Wink]

You mean she just stood around in the background being inappropriately giant-sized for no reason?

At least the Green Lantern writers were up-to-speed with her post-power theft characterisation. [Wink]

Reboot

Back on-topic [Wink]

quote:
Was your character a Legionnaire in the Postboot?

Nope.

--------------------

This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  ...  133  134  135   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.