Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 123)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, still feeling my way around this after doing some research, but does it have to do with the name being reused by the same writer for both a villain and a hero?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty much! I actually wasn't looking for the hero/villain dichotomy, just the same writer using the same name for two different characters. In each set, one is more popular/known than the other as well, but I was not requiring that part in my answer.

Go, xben! And thank you finally for stealing this thread from me. i hope you breath more life/interest into it than I managed. [Smile]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, let's try a Legion one.

Ultra Boy
Star Boy
Colossal Boy

I can't say for sure, but off the top of my head these are the only three characters I can think of who fit this criteria, pre-crisis. If there are others there certainly aren't many others.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Hint: the connecting event for each of these characters occurred during the Adventure-era

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Each was expelled from the Legion?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

That's it! Were there others that I haven't thought of? I mean,real main Legionnaires, not like Nemesis Kid or whatever.

In any case, you're up Quislet.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Saturn Girl
Chameleon Boy
Sun Boy

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Xben:
That's it! Were there others that I haven't thought of? I mean,real main Legionnaires, not like Nemesis Kid or whatever.

Actually pretty much the whole team is expelled at one point or another during the Adventure Era, if you include things like Dynamo Boy's takeover of the Legion. Dream Girl gets several members expelled as well.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

True. But I guess I was trying to think of times that I'd describe as the Legion properly expelled proper members, if you know what I mean.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Hmmm..... no guesses? What would be a good clue?

Look to the past and to the future.

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Just a guess, because I'm unsure of the details on the last, but did they each have a relative displaced in time?

Saturn Girl's son, Garridan, sent backward to become Validus

Cham's dad, R. J. Brande, actually the 20th century Durlan from L.E.G.I.O.N.

The one I'm unsure of is Sun Boy. I seem to recall hearing about a female Morgna being a member of the Titans... but I don't know what her story is... or even if there was a connection to Dirk at all.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

No, that is not the link.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
each made their comics debut during different try-out for a member of the El family: Imra for Kal's initiation, Cham for Kara's first try, and Dirk for her second.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Nope. I am pretty sure that I talked about this previously on these boards.

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

I had a dream last night where I stumbled across the fact that the answer to this Triad is that they'd all been to Daxam! Of course, I'm sure that that's not it, and I think in my dream the three characters weren't precisely the same, but I thought it was funny that it entered my dreams at all!

--------------------

The truth set me free

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.