Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 122)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Many of us did like Call of Cthulhu. It was one of the few games I DMed, but there were some folks who couldn't wrap their heads around the idea that you were essentially doomed.

Champions was a popular game for some as well, but some weren't all that into super-heroes, and some of those who were didn't like the "min-max" or rules-happy aspect of the game.

In short, no and no.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
OK, keeping in line with the RPG theme, which one was the most popular with my circle of friends during my role-playing days:

1) D&D Version 2
2) Thieves Guild
3) Tunnels & Trolls
4) Villains & Vigilantes
5) Champions
6) Star Trek RPG
7) James Bond RPG
8) Doctor Who RPG
9) D&D Version 3.0
10)Space Opera
11)Call of Cthulhu
12)Rolemaster
13)DC Heroes game (Mayfair version)
14)Traveller
15)Marvel Super Heroes RPG
16)Fantasy Hero

#5 and #11 have been eliminated.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
9) D&D Version 3.0

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
13)DC Heroes game (Mayfair version)

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
1) D&D Version 2
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
4) Villains & Vigilantes

Haven't thought of that game in YEARS.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

We never played V & V.

D&D 3.0 got a tryout soon after it appeared, and it went over OK, but it wasn't universally loved.

A couple of us really thought the second version of the Mayfair DC game was a great system, but not all agreed. I ended up only playing it at a few cons.

Kent has it, again. Old school D & D was the game we always went back, since fantasy roleplaying was our big thing. It seemed to go over the best with the ladies in the group for some reason, though we also had lengthy Fantasy Hero and Space Opera campaigns.

Congrats, Kent! back to you.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

thanks! version 2 was great. I'm using it for my new campaign.

staying on the RPG theme, which of the following have I never played?

1. Call of Cthulu
2. Gamma World
3. Man, Myth and Magic
4. DC Heroes
5. Top Secret
6. Elfquest
7. Vampire: The Masquerade
8. Traveler
9. Paranoia
10. Chill
11. Dragonquest
12. Mage: The Ascension
13. Toon

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
2. Gamma World

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

3. Man, Myth and Magic

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
8. Traveler

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Many of my school peers gave Gamma World a try, repeatedly. never caught on.

My school friend Mike sent away for M,M&M back during its initial promo ad campaign. We played it once, and it was never seen again.

Our high school gang dabbled in Traveler a couple times towards the end of our school years. A friend of mine named his character "Jon Sable" because he liked the name (he never read the comic, at least back then). Funny that I remember that, but not my own character.

nope times three.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

6. Elfquest

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Miner, people are going to think you and I have rigged this to go back and forth.

I'd hoped my love of the original Elfquest run was well-known enough to throw people off... but alas, twas not to be. My HS gang did adapt Elfquest-style elves into various D&D campaigns, but we never delved into the EQ-specific game.

go ahead, OMmie.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
Miner, people are going to think you and I have rigged this to go back and forth.

You mean we aren't? [Smile]

OK, sticking again with the RPG vibe, what character class was I asked to play most often in D&D games?

1) Fighter
2) Wizard
3) Cleric
4) Thief
5) Sorcerer
6) Monk
7) Paladin
8) Druid
9) Ranger
10) Assassin
11) Bard
12) Barbarian

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.