Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I got a good one. Still no...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Roy Raymond?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Getting closer! I'll give a hint (though its kind of getting there via process of elimination). It's pre-1960.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Slam Bradley? (Or was he Action Comics?)
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Close, but not quite there yet. Slam was indeed in Detective Comics from #1 to the 1950's (he was replaced by Roy Raymond).

I can see why you might think he was in Action though because he was created by Siegel & Schuster.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he starred in Detective, but his M.O. wouldn't fit: the original Vigilante?

EDIT: D'oh! Vigilante had a feature in Action, not Detective, so WRONG!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yeah, Vigilante was in Action. He's one of my all-time favorite characters that I've only ever read very little of (the original).
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Which Detective Comics star attempted to join the Cluesters, a club of the World's Greatest Detectives?

I'm going to guess the obvious - Batman

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

No, but a good guess nonetheless
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Crimson Avenger?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Getting closer! But not yet. Another hint: he came after the Crimson Avenger.
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Golden Age Robotman?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You got it! Whew. I was wondering if maybe I'd gone *too* obscure. The Golden Age Robotman indeed was the Detective Comics star who once attempted to join the Cluesters. The story sounded like something irregular for him to do and regular for many of the series other stars so I figured it'd be a nice tricky question.

Robotman, like Johnny Quick, was one of the final Golden Age stars to linger on into the 1950's before being cancelled. A few more years and he might just have survived into the Silver Age.

You're up, 'Boot.

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Trying something different here - find the connection between these characters:

Robert Bruce Banner, Wendell Vaughn, Warren Worthington, Barbara Gordon.

[As a mild hint, what I'm thinking of doesn't only apply to these four, they're just examples of the phenomenon]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ferro Man
Legionnaire...in another universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ferro Man   Email Ferro Man         Edit/Delete Post     
They were all played by Yvonne Craig?

They all dated someone named Candy?

But seriously... they all had apendages removed from their body and then restored?

From: New Hampton, IA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.