Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 118)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a hard time imagining Batman being so low, but I think this is consistent with what we know so far.

1 Green Lantern
2 Superman
3 Flash
4 Hawkman
5 Green Arrow
6 Aquaman
7 Wonder Woman
8 Batman
9. Red Tornado
10 Black Canary
11 Hawkgirl
12 Elongated Man
13 Phantom Stranger
14 Atom

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Future - you have 6 correct (3 of which are the same as EDE's).
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Xben - you also have 6 correct (3 of which are the same as Future's).
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, after racking my brain for an hour these are my best predictions (so far):

01. Green Lantern
02. Superman
03. Flash
04. Batman
05. Green Arrow
06. Aquaman
07. Wonder Woman
08. Hawkman
09. Red Tornado
10. Atom
11. Black Canary
12. Phantom Stranger
13. Elongated Man
14. Hawkgirl

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I know this can't be right, but I wanted to get another guess in.

1 Green Lantern
2 Superman
3 Hawkman
4 Aquaman
5 Green Arrow
6 Flash
7 Wonder Woman
8 Batman
9 Red Tornado
10 Hawkman
11 Elongated Man
12 Black Canary
13 Phantom Stranger
14 Atom

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Future - you have 12 of 14 correct (swap 2 names and you'd have it perfect).

Xben - you have 5 correct (all of which, Future also has correct).

Future
The Present is Past

Swapping the two I felt could have been the most out of place, though I'm not positive about it.

01. Green Lantern
02. Superman
03. Flash
04. Batman
05. Green Arrow
06. Black Canary
07. Wonder Woman
08. Hawkman
09. Red Tornado
10. Atom
11. Aquaman
12. Phantom Stranger
13. Elongated Man
14. Hawkgirl

Xben
Deputy

01. Green Lantern
02. Superman
03. Flash
04. Batman
05. Green Arrow
06. Aquaman
07. Wonder Woman
08. Hawkman
09. Red Tornado
10. Phantom Stranger
11. Black Canary
12. Atom
13. Elongated Man
14. Hawkgirl

--------------------

The truth set me free

Xben
Deputy

No, that doesn't work. Does Future have it?

--------------------

The truth set me free

Blacula
Easy

quote:
Originally posted by Future:
01. Green Lantern
02. Superman
03. Flash
04. Batman
05. Green Arrow
06. Black Canary
07. Wonder Woman
08. Hawkman
09. Red Tornado
10. Atom
11. Aquaman
12. Phantom Stranger
13. Elongated Man
14. Hawkgirl

You have it!

Some interesting things I find about that list -

- Green Lantern was hugely popular even back then (his total sccore of 685 was nearly a third more than the second-place character, Superman - who got 454).
- Very surprised by Batman's place on the list (with 422 points). I really think the Tim Burton movie is what kicked this already quite popular character into the stratosphere.
- Black Canary placed much higher than I would have thought, and her 327 points were significantly ahead of Wonder Woman's 278. It makes you wonder why DC never did more with this character back then, other than her regular appearances in this book and supporting Green Arrow whenever he had a back-up tale in something.
- Phantom Stranger, who only had about 5 appearances in this book for the entirety of its run, beat both Elongated Man and Hawkgirl?! Weird.
- Poor Aquaman charted quite lowly in comparison to the other founders (with 178 points), and was even beaten by Red Tornado! Why does this character just not connect with fans? I think he's a very interesting, multi-layered character with a wealth of potential.

Incidentally, the top 5 vote-getters from this poll were all the featured players in the issue this list was published in (with minor supporting roles from 6, 7 and 9 on the list too - not sure what happened to 8? Maybe he was off in space at the time?) and that story was the first introduction to the DCU of a certain (minor) JLA supporting character.

I might leave that person's identity for my next Trivia question though. [Big Grin]

Over to you Future.

Xben
Deputy

My whole logical process was thrown off at the beginning by a false conclusion on my part that Hawkman wasn't right for #8.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Good job, Future!

I had the same Hawkman problem, Xben.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Good job, Future!

I had the same Hawkman problem, Xben.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

I likewise wasn't sure about Hawkman's placement in the beginning, but the more clues/answers that came in the more it seemed correct by default.

Definitely interesting results. It's surprising that Black Canary beat out Wonder Woman but perhaps she was riding some popularity on Green Arrow's coat-tails? Green Lantern's rank surprised me too but thinking back on the era he stood out to me more than the other big 7, except maybe Batman and Superman (who were already mentioned as not ranking #1).

Randomly, great question Blacula. It's not everyone's cup of tea probably but I like working on puzzles & ordering like that.

Future
The Present is Past

Let's shift gears to Marvel and all things X (as it was the first piece of trivia that came to my mind).

Which member of the New X-Men student body owes their codename to a fan's suggestion on a message board?

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.