Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 115)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
No guesses?

Hint: the answer has nothing to do with any cast or crew member

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Are they all "meta" movies? Like Tropic Thunder is about a war movie, and Singing in the Rain is about a talkie movie?

I don't know Purple Rose of Cairo, so that's just a guess.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
That's close, but not precisely it

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

The answer does relate to the fact that all three movies are about movies or movie making - in the case of Purple Rose of Cairo, the plot revolves around the main character watching a film (I think it's supposed to be a screwball comedy) - but the Triad sets these films apart from many other films that are also about movies.

I'll give this hint: the talkie film whose production takes up most of the plot of "Singin' in the Rain" is not relevant to this Triad.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Xben
Deputy

Hmm, little interest here. How to give another hint without completely giving it away?

The Triad has to do with three film-within-each-film. For Purple Rose of Cairo and Tropic Thunder, the films are the obvious main ones within the movie. For Singin' in the Rain, it has to do with a movie that's implied by the very last shot of the film, starring the movies two leads.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Xben
Deputy

OK, if possible I don't want to completely kill the thread. I guess I shouldn't have waited this long.

So the answer to the Triad is that each title is the actual name of a fictional film within each real film.

Here is a much easier Triad for anyone who wants to pick it up:

Green Lantern
Flash
Legion of Super-Heroes

Obviously, the answer is more than that they are DC comics or superheroes, but I think anyone familiar with all three series would pick up a connecting point pretty easily.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Xben
Deputy

Green Lantern
Flash
Legion of Super-Heroes

Hints:
1. More than just that they are DC comics or superheroes
2. This is true of all Green Lanterns, most Legionnaires from most periods of Legion history, and Barry Allen / Wally West, but not Jay Garrick

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
They wear rings.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

That's right.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Judd Nelson
Randy Newman
Ed Harris

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Three people who've never been in my kitchen?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

While I am sure that is true, that is not the link I have for them.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Hint time: Anna Nicole Smith also fits this Triad

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Wow, this has killed the thread.

The link was that they all shared my birthday.

Maybe an easy one will revive this thread.

Jay Garrick
Barry Allen
Wally West

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

They were all the Flash!

This seems to be a hard thread to keep alive.

Hopefully this won't be too difficult...

Transformers (almost any incarnation)
Leonard Nimoy (in 2009's Star Trek)
Infinite Crisis / Sinestro Corp War / Legion of 3 Worlds

--------------------

The truth set me free

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.