Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 113)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll try: non-album tracks?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
No, without looking the other two up I know that at least SWLABR appeared on an album (Disraeli Gears).

The Triad, again is:

Harlem
SWLABR
Tuesday Heartbreak

and, thus far, it's been said that they are classic rock songs, that they are not all B sides (though that guess is starting to head in the right direction) and that they are not non-album tracks.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
They were all A-sides?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Nope. "Harlem" is the only A-side of the three.

An oblique hint: I thought of this Triad earlier in the week, after a spat of cold weather finally broke.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

Hmm... nada.

Another hint, "Harlem" is by Bill Withers, an artist more commonly known for another song.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

This is probably too vague, but what about something along the lines of songs that weren't hits but were included on Greatest Hits albums?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

No, I'm thinking this might be too tough. Thus far, I'd say the key pieces of info are:

-They are not all A-Sides
-They are not all B-Sides
- "Harlem" is by Bill Withers, an artist more commonly known for another song
- I thought of this Triad after a spat of cold weather finally broke

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Each of them was released as the flipside of a song with "Sunshine" in the title?
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ex said that they weren't all B (or flip) sides.

Perhaps it's because each of the artists is better known for a song with "Sunshine" in the title?

Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
Cream - Sunshine of Your Love
Stevie Wonder - You Are the Sunshine of My Life

EDIT: The songs in the clue are also from ALBUMS that contain the above songs.

[ February 20, 2011, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: He Who LSHes ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Hmm... while He Who provided the fleshed out detail on what the songs and artists were, I think I'm going to reward credit to EDE for getting the initial intent first.

They were each on the opposite side of the single containing the "Sunshine" song that He Who cites. He's right though that "flipside" does mean "B-side", and the Withers song, "Harlem" was the A-side (though "Ain't No Sunshine" proved to be more popular with DJ's).

That being said, though, I think with the small terminology mistake aside, that EDE got the answer. What I'll say is that EDE has the right to first refusal. If Eryk wants to take the next round, it's his, but if he wants to pass to He Who for fleshing it out, that's cool, too.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

I'll go ahead and take it, since I actually did mean "opposite side" by "flipside", and I've got a question ready.

New triad:

When I'm 64
Breakfast in America
I Belong to You

Eryk Davis Ester

No guesses?

Perhaps listening will provide a clue:

When I'm 64
Breakfast in America
I belong to you

Exnihil

Songs in 4/4 time? [LOL]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Actually a Triad of songs in, say, 5/4 would've been cool!

Nope! It's something far less common in rock music than that!

[ February 21, 2011, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

Eryk Davis Ester

HINT:

Among Muse songs, this feature is (I believe) unique to I belong to you. However, there are multiple Supertramp songs which could qualify. Without checking, I would bet there are other Beatles songs as well, but none come to mind as prominently as When I'm 64.

[ February 22, 2011, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.