Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 111)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Al Plastino

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
We have a winner!

Yes, believe it or not, Mr. Plastino (who said to call him Al!), the original Legion artist from Adventure 247, called me yesterday to discuss some details on something he's making for me... well... not for me, per se... but, rather, for one lucky contestant of Survivor: New Tartuga (now, if that doesn't get folks to sign up, nothing will)!

Next round to Quis.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, I could not resist the urge to buy some books on-line tonight. Among the books I ordered are:
"The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power"
"Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies"
"Charlie Chan: The Untold Story of the Honorable Detective and His Rendezvous with American History"
"Superboy: The Greatest Team-Ups Ever Told"
And which one of the following:

1) "Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong"
2) "Database Nation : The Death of Privacy in the 21st Century"
3) "White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son"
4) "Science Friction: Where the Known Meets the Unknown"
5) "Memoirs of a Schizophrenic Goddess"
6) "Hot Time in the Old Town: The Great Heat Wave of 1896 and the Making of Theodore Roosevelt"
7) "Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism"
8) "Laughing Till It Hurts: The Complete Life and Career of Carol Burnett"
9) "Scott Pilgrim, Vol. 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life"
10) "The Overton Window"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
8) "Laughing Till It Hurts: The Complete Life and Career of Carol Burnett"

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

That would probably be a good book to read, but I did not order it tonight.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
6) "Hot Time in the Old Town: The Great Heat Wave of 1896 and the Making of Theodore Roosevelt"

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I have just finished reading that book so I didn't order it last night.

According to the book there was a 10 day heat wave in New York City (and all over the country) and in NYC alone 1300 people died because of the heat.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
2) "Database Nation : The Death of Privacy in the 21st Century"

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Nope, I can still believe I have privacy

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
4) "Science Friction: Where the Known Meets the Unknown"

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

That book will remain unknown to me. It may someday become known, but not in the foreseeable future.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

5) "Memoirs of a Schizophrenic Goddess"

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Nope. Not that one.... or that one either.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

7) "Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism"

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Another interesting book that I may get in the future.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.