Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 111)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I just read somewhere that Dean Cain once played Joseph Smith. I can't back this up, but...

...they were all played by people who also played superheroes? (Dean Cain, Will Smith, and ??)

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I just looked up that Dean Cain thing, and apparently, in the same film, Terence Stamp plays Brigham Young. Superman and Zod in the story of the Mormons... might just have to check that out.

But, although you're on the right track, that's not quite it. They were all portrayed by actors who also portrayed... something... but not superheroes. Additionally, only one of the actors you list is correct. (hint... not Cain. [Wink] )

The list again is:

Joseph Smith
Sir Thomas More
Muhammad Ali

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Another hint, the film from which the first part of the Triad is taken is called "Brigham Young".

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
they were all played by actors who also played roles as the last man on Earth?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

That's it. Even more specifically, each played the last man on Earth in a film based on the book, "I Am Legend."

Vincent Price, who played Joseph Smith in "Brigham Young" was in the first adaptation called, "The Last Man on Earth." Charlton Heston, Thomas More in one adaptation of "A Man for All Seasons" was the lead in the 70's adaptation, "The Omega Man," and Will Smith, Ali in "Ali" played the role in a film which finally used the actual title, "I Am Legend".

Next round to Kent.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

The Remains of the Day
Daredevil
A Japanese Blossom

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Novels by authors of mixed Asian/English ancestry: Kazuo Ishiguro, Leslie Charteris, and Winnifred Eaton?

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

very close! one important detail missing; these were not just any of their books.
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Was it their debut novels?

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

no, it wasn't. that'd be too easy. but you're on the right track.
Xben
Deputy

How about their first novels to be adapted into film?

--------------------

The truth set me free

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

nope. I'm pretty sure at least one never was a film.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

hint: Xben's first was closer to the answer. just not their first novels.
Xben
Deputy

Award winning novels?

--------------------

The truth set me free

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

nope.
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.