Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 110)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I've no idea, but I'm very intrigued. Three different roles that in someway link to make a Triad, but not because the three roles share a common characteristic. Hmm....

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's not that the three roles don't have a common characteristic, it's that the three characters do not; that is, it's not something about the characters themselves (such as the proposal of them all being prostitutes, which none of them are) that they have in common. The three roles have something in common. There is a subtle, but important difference.

Here's another hint: Hepburn and Redgrave's roles in question were in movies. Warren's was on a television special.

Again, the three actresses are:
Audrey Hepburn
Lesley Ann Warren
Vanessa Redgrave

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
All three starred in roles originated by Julie Andrews?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Audrey Hepburn played Eliza Doolittle in the 1964 film version of My Fair Lady (originally played on Broadway by Julie in 1956).

Lesley Ann Warren played the title role in the 1965 version of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella (originally broadcast in 1957 with Julie playing the part).

Vanessa Redgrave played Guenevere in the dreadful 1967 film adaption of Camelot (The 1960 Broadway role was written by Lerner and Lowe for Julie).

Incidentally, Hepburn's singing was (mostly) dubbed by Marni Nixon; Warren did her own singing and was quite good; Redgrave did her own singing and--well, the less said the better.

Take a bow, Eryk!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I accidentally stumbled across it by accident. My first theory was that they were all in either Rogers and Hammerstein musicals, or all in Lerner and Lowe musicals, and, in looking up who wrote which musical, I came across the fact that both My Fair Lady and Cinderella originally starred Julie Andrews.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Next:

The Jungle Book
Stalag 17
Godfather III

Eryk Davis Ester

Hint:

Each of these movies features a character who is connected to a character in another medium.

Eryk Davis Ester

Hint:

It has to do with a major villain in each of the films.

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Do they each have the same name as a villain from Star Trek (not really confident about that, just thinking of the tiger from the Jungle Book)?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Nope, while Shere Khan does share his name with a Star Trek villain, as far as I know Commandant Von Sherbach and Don Altobello do not.
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Each of the actors playing the respective villain, George Sanders, Otto Preminger, and Eli Wallach, also portrayed Mr. Freeze on the Adam West Batman show.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

That's it!
Exnihil

Very cool question.

Next:

Joseph Smith
Sir Thomas More
Muhammad Ali

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
People who changed their religions?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

No. In fact, isn't Thomas More famous for not changing his religion?

As a hint, I'll say that, contrary to first glance, this Triad has nothing to do with religion, and was directly inspired by the previous round.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.