Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Where am I? (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 133 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  131  132  133   
Author Topic: Where am I?
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
is it somewhere in Brazil?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
It is not in Brazil.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
is it in Peru?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Belmopan, Belize?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Is is neither in Peru nor Belize.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it Panama City, Panama? That doesn't sound like it should be farther north than San José, but the isthmus has some weird bends to it.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
According to Wikipedia, it's pretty close, but Panama City is indeed south of San Jose. San Jose is 9 56 N, Panama City is 8 59 N. And since my El Paso adventure, I am certain that this makes San Jose further north.

But you're clearly on the right "trick hint" track. It looks like Caracas, Venezuela is actually further north (10 30 N) than San Jose - that will be my next guess.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

It is Caracas!

Good job Chaim! I thought you guys were gonna guess all over cantral America before someone looked over to the side and noticed that due to the funky isthmus, the northernmost part of Venezuela is north of some parts of the isthmus - such as San Jose. I was waiting for someone to simply ask if it was in South America.

Anyway, take it away Chaim!

Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, that was indeed tricky. But where am I, guys?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I was wondering how it could be north of San Jose and not be in North America--Central America is usually considered part of North America. It makes sense now.

Are you in the Americas?

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

It really wasn't intended to be tricky - it was the "north or south of San Jose" that threw a monkey wrench in the works, I think.

Chaim, are you in the southern hemisphere?

And are you having fun there?

Chaim Mattis Keller

I know you didn't mean it that way. It just so happened that it became such.

I am not in the Americas.

I am not in the Southern Hemisphere.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Are you in Europe?

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

I am not in Europe.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

lancesrealm
amiable

Are you in Asia?
  This topic comprises 133 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  131  132  133   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.