Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Survivor: Marzal (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  69  70  71   
Author Topic: Survivor: Marzal
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
You've got Tree-Mail:

-

Challenge kicks off at 7 PM EST

[ October 18, 2008, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Marzal is so weird! I was out testing my flight ring and flew way up high in the sky. I was up there for maybe 15 minutes, and when I got back to camp, the next challenge was already started and ended! I've gotta watch out for that.

So, sorry tribe.

I hope Nov's okay out there. He's clever, so I'm not worried about his instincts, but this island can mess with you.

Congratulations other tribe!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

All right, Survivors, bring it on in.

Here's Novelty, a little worse for wear after his trip out to Exile Island:

-

Wow, I wouldn't wish that place on anyone... even apart from the rough terrain, it's also filled with savage natives. But did Novelty find the hidden Immunity idol? Only he knows for sure.

All right. let's get right into today's Immunity Challenge.

Existing in a universe parallel to our own is an odd place where super-heroes don't really exist. Instead, they are portrayed by actors... sometimes in live action features, sometimes merely voiced in cartoons. Everyone that exists in our universe, however, has a corresponding double in theirs. Here's mine:

-

Yikes! What a hideous creature!

In today's challenge, Survivors will have to pair people from the Legion mythos - both heroes and villains - with their corresponding actors from this alternate universe.

- Below you will find 12 images. Only 10 of them have direct correspondences. First, match the heroes and villains to the actors to determine which two may be disregarded. This is the easy part.

- Once you have determined which are the correct 10, you will now order them according to their "first appearances" (for the heroes and villains this means the cover date of their first comics appearance; for the actors, their date of birth).

- When you have the 10 images correctly sequenced, you will see an alpha-numeric sequence (font note: bottom row, second image is a lower case "L"). Append this sequence to the end of this web address, "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6" and paste the entire address in your browser.

- This will take you to a video file. Watch the video with the aim to answer the question, "How did Tyroc's actions differ from those of his teammates?"

- Once you feel you have the correct answer to this question, PM your answer to Exnihil. (You know the deal: don't post it on the board... team disqualification... yada yada yada...)

- The first team with 5 correct answers wins Immunity, the other team goes to Tribal Council.

Now, N'hura, being in possession of the Time Bubble, you have a distinct advantage in this challenge, as you may travel back in time to give your response. The first entry will be counted as a half hour before its receipt, the second- an hour, third- an hour and a half, fourth-two hours, and final- two and a half hours...

BUT... here's the twist:

Any response that, due to the nature of time travel, arrives before the start of the challenge will not count, and you will receive no notification that this is the case! Therefore, team coordination is essential. That being said, if you feel as though you may have arrived too early, you may submit again at a later time, and both the order of arrival and the time differential will be readjusted accordingly.

(Whew! That was confusing just to write!)

Survivors ready? GO!!!

-

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Worse for wear? Don't believe Exnihil. Exile island is as close to heaven on earth as possible. Sipping cocktails while watching the sun set, enjoying the spas and the full body massage by beautiful ladies, sleeping under the stars, what more could you want? Oh wait, is that my dementia from staying on Exile island talking?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Nov's back!! Hey, no one ever said Exile Island was going to be really brutal. I want to know that kind of stuff if I'm going to be asked to send someone somewhere again, Proty! I'm sure Nov charmed the savages with some kewl trick or something, though.

Go St'balla!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Does walking around naked count as "some kewl trick" ?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
"full body massage by beautiful ladies" That does sound like hell. Where are the cute pool boys to help out a guy?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm not a cute pool boy...and I'm not even gay...but anything to help out my awesome teammates... You want me to wear my coconut bikini or not, Quis?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought you gave that to Fat Cramer.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Well...she didn't need the bottoms, with it having a cup and all...
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

....and that's the Challenge!

Wow... one of the more difficult ones, both to play and, trust me, to think up!

To begin with, the puzzle itself:

- Obviously, the heroes and villains were Brainiac 5, Mordru, Saturn Girl, Darkseid, Supergirl, and Lightning Lad.

- The actors were Kari Wahlgren (who portrayed Saturn Girl in the recently defunct LSH cartoon), Shawn Harrison (Timber Wolf from the same), Gabriel Dell (child actor from the "Dead End Kids" movies who went on to portray Mordru in the live action "Legends of the Superheroes" in the '70's), beautiful, beautiful Helen Slater (Supergirl in, well, the movie, "Supergirl"), Matt Czuchry (who was Brainiac 5 in the "Justice League Unlimited" episode, "Far from Home"), and cartoon voice legend Frank Welker (who, among many other credits, also voiced Darkseid in "Superfriends")

- This would have eliminated Shawn Harrison and Lightning Lad, and then the proper date order would give a sequence of: Br7K7ERle8

- Appended to the partial web address, this would take you to a video clip of the LSH cartooon episode, "In the Beginning," where you would see a round of Legion initiations where all members were taking an oath with an open hand... except Tyroc, who was holding up a "Black Power" fist.

Whew!

OK, so on the beach:

- I gave the OK to start solving at 7:00, and all the Survivors ran off, leaving me alone with a Time Bubble.

- Just 3 minutes later, another Time Bubble appeared and out popped dedman. "Wow," he said, "I'm first? How is that even possible?" Dunno... I slept through time travel 101.

- At 7:17, a 3rd bubble appeared, as the beach was getting crowded. It was Lance.

- Seven minutes later, kenaustin appeared: 4 bubbles.

- At 7:49, it was Lone Wolf, making 4 N'hura members and 5 bubbles.

- The first St'balla member arrived at 8:09 - Floating Foxlike Creature. "Damn! How did they all get here?" he chirruped with foxlike annoyance.

- And it all wrapped up with Quislet appearing in his bubble at 8:17.

- Sketch, Davey and Nov made it back at 8:20, 8:34, and 8:38 respectively... but it was too late.

- But wait! There was Quislet arriving again at 8:47, running up, pausing only to bark at himself, then hopping into a time bubble and disappearing.

- Lone Wolf mark 2 arrived at 8:49 and reduced the Time Bubbles to 4.

- ken arrived again at 8:54, and took off for times past

- dedman showed up... again... at 9:03 and said "Wow, I'm going to be first? How is that even possible?" I pointed him toward the Time Bubble and off he went.

- Finally, Lance rolled in for a second time at 9:47 and hit the Time Stream running.

- That left us with just the one Time Bubble, Lard Lad and Gamara unaccounted for, and the fact that:

N'hura wins Immunity!

Job well done, guys! The mental gynastics alone earned you this one. St'balla... I've got nothing for you... except an appointment tomorrow at Tribal Council. Head on back to camp and start thinking about which one of your tribemates:

-

is going home.

(And, everybody, please tell me, who solved the puzzle and how??? ) [Smile]

[ October 25, 2008, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

It truly was a team effort. Mostly myself, kenaustin, Lone Wolf Legionnaire and dedman. (Lance was busy making sure the Time Bubbles weren't stolen) Different people verified which actor went with which character. IMDB provided dates of birth for the actors. I also was using Google image when we got names of actors who played the various characters to make sure that was who was in the picture.

We did initially have some trouble getting to the video, but kenaustin got through first. And watching the video made the answer pretty obvious.

Also Lone Wolf Legionnaire also had to deal with a house full of people and that he is getting up at 4:30 tomorrow for work.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Actually, a couple of the time bubbles were borrowed - but they were returned before they were taken, so it was ok.
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Yo-D'Florgin'-Lay! Way to go N'hura!

Echo what Quislet said. Kari Wahlgren's bday was the only one not on IMDB. Got that off of giantbomb.com, a video game site.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
"full body massage by beautiful ladies" That does sound like hell. Where are the cute pool boys to help out a guy?

I thought you and Lance was hitting it off? Or maybe not.

--------------------

This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  69  70  71   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.