Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name Three (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  111  112  113   
Author Topic: Name Three
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, I admit that because it was bugging me I did have to look it up, but I believe the one you're thinking of is:

Malietoa Tanumafili II of Samoa 1939-Present.

There are actually a surprising number that ruled for over 60 years though. Hirihito ruled for 64 years for example.

Add either Victoria or George III to those two and that should make it three...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I was going for Hirohito. Since you've mentioned him, Victoria and Louis XIV (not George III though), That's three.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay me! Even if I did cheat slightly!

OK, name three celebrities (other than the regular cast members, natch) who played cameo roles in South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I couldn't begin to guess
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I remember them doing a big thing about Brian Boitano, but I don't think he played a cameo role.

And to get this thread going again, I'll cheat and look it up.

Eric Idle, Dave Foley, & George Clooney.

Name 3 sites of past winter Olympics.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Salt Lake City, Calgary, & Atlanta.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Ai, CJ! You used your invisibility powers on your question again! (I'm glad you're not Infectious Lass...)

[Big Grin]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

I don't know how to make the face for confused, but colour me that.

I thought I was answering Quis's question.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You were, but in this game, if there is no doubt that your answer is correct, you do not have to wait for confirmation.

Although looking at your answer, you are incorrect in that Atlanta hosted a summer Olympics, not a winter Olympics. Give one more winter Olympic site and then post your name 3

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Well, the idea was to give a wrong answer.

Hopefully someone else would come up with the right one then. Just trying to drum up some more chatter on this particular thread. [Big Grin]

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Salt Lake City, Calgary, Lake Placid

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Name three different lead action-hero characters from three different movie franchises who were each played by three different actors in three different films, generally without much of an internal explanation (ie, not because he was a child in one film and an adult in the next, a la Darth Vader, although I confess that the age of the actors did have an impact in one of the cases I have in my mind--although from what I understand the previous actor had still been offered the role first).

Phew. Does that make sense?

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

James Bond (the example you cited being Sean Connery, I believe)

Batman (tho' it's four different actors now)

Superman (Does G. Reeves count? I believe he made a movie before the tv show)

Xben
Deputy

I wasn't counting Superman or George Reeves simply because his movie wasn't part of the same series as Christopher Reeve or Brandon Routh. I guess it depends on your definition of a franchise. Batman and James Bond are what I was thinking of, as well as one other. I suppose it's open to debate as to whether this third example are all in the same "continuity" or not, but the movies featuring all three actors were all done by the same producer, and within a few years of each other. The only thing that makes it a bit tough to all fit together is that the most recent one features the youngest actor, and obviously takes place years earlier than the others...

--------------------

The truth set me free

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I think I know the one you want:

Bond (Connery/Moore/Lazenby/Dalton/Brosnan/new guy)

Batman (Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney)

Jack Ryan (Alec Baldwin/Harrison Ford/Ben Affleck)

Name three DC-or-Marvel characters with the power of bouncing.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  111  112  113   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.